Washington, DC - September 19th and 20th, 2019
Ensuring Value in Research (EViR) Funders’ Forum
7th Meeting – Washington, D.C.
Thursday, September 19th – Friday, September 20th, 2019
Venue: Marriott Wardman Park | 2660 Woodley Road NW, Washington, D.C. 20008
Day 1: Thursday, September 19th
- 10.30 -11.00 - Sign in and refreshments
- 11.00 -12.00 - Introduction session for newcomers (optional)
- 12.00-13.00 - LUNCH AND NETWORKING
- 13.00-13.15 - Welcome to DC
- 13.15-15.00 - Current Dissemination and Implementation Practices Across the Forum and Opportunities for Enhancement
- 15.00-15.15 - BREAK
- 15.15-16.00 - SHARE: Related Initiatives and next steps on preclinical guiding principles
- 16.00-16.20 - LEARN: How are funders currently using EViR outputs in their work? Ensuring Value in Research at NHMRC: An update on the Research Quality Steering Committee
- 16.20-17:00 - Top of Mind Items - As an organization, what are your top of mind items? Are there challenges that are keeping you up at night?
- 17:00-17:15 - Close
Day 2: Friday 20th September
- 09.15 - Welcome
- 09.15-9:45 - Reflections on the EViR Funders’ Forum: Community and contributions to date - SHARE: Participation at the meetings and beyond -CONTRIBUTE: Outputs and influence
- 9:45-10:30 - LEARN: How are funders currently using EViR outputs in their work?
- 10.30-10:45 - BREAK
- 10.45-12.00 - Looking Forward: Forum Sustainability and Future Vision
- 12.00-13.00 - LUNCH
- 13.00-14:45 - Initiatives that Support Transparent Reporting of Research Funding and Results--How can funders support transparency, accessibility, and usability of research and results?
- 14.45-15.15 - Networking Break
- 15.15 -16.15 - COLLABORATE: Open discussion to determine areas for collaboration and contribution- Topics will be generated by meeting participants but could include areas such as joint action to address key uncertainties, replicating or developing audits, or new ideas for working groups.
- 16.15-16.30 - Next steps and meeting close