Ensuring Value in Research (EViR)
Funders' Collaboration and Development Forum
The next EViR Forum meeting will be held in Dublin (Health Research Board offices) on the 28-29 March 2019.
Details to follow on this website or contact EViRFundersForum@gmail.com for more information
Organisations from around the world are coming together to advance the practices of health related research and research funding, in order to increase the value of health related research.
The Ensuring Value in Research (EViR) Funders’ Collaboration and Development Forum started in 2017, with meetings in London, Den Haag and Washington DC. In our first year the Funders’ Forum developed a Consensus Statement and Guiding Principles.
As organisations that fund health-related research, represent funders, or set funding policy, we have a responsibility not just to seek to advance knowledge, but also to advance the practices of health-related research and research funding. Through working together and with our respective research communities we are sharing current and developing new approaches to increase the value of health-related research.
Members of the forum who have already endorsed the consensus statement and guiding principles include:
- Forte (Sweden)
- Graham Boeckh Foundation
- Health and Care Research Wales - Welsh Government (UK)
- Health Research Board Ireland (Ireland)
- Marie Curie (UK)
- Ministry of Health Salute (Italy)
- NIHR - National Institute for Health Research (UK)*
- PCORI – Patient Centered Outcomes Research Institute (USA)*
- The Scar Free Foundation
- Association of Dutch Health Foundations (SGF)
- ZonMW – The Netherlands Organisation for Health Research and Development (Netherlands)*
*Co-convenors of the EViR Funders' Forum.
GIMBE Foundation (Italy)