Cycles and Sessions
Cycles will be offered by two different partners.
All on-court volleyball skills will be taught by the Volleyball Elite Academy
All off-court volleyball skills and training will be taught by the Ignite Athletic Conditioning Center
The Basics Cycle
It has ten sessions in it: You can join anywhere during the cycle.
- Session one: Serve Reception and Underhand Pass (September 9, 2017)
- Session two: Preparation for Attack and Attack (September 16, 2017)
- Session three: Serving (September 23, 2017)
- Session four: Blocking and Coverage (September 30, 2017)
- Session five: Defense and Libero (October 14, 2017)
- Session six: Mental Toughness and Practice (October 21, 2017)
- Session seven: Overhead Passing and Setting (October 28, 2017)
- Session eight: Power Skills (November 4, 2017)
- Session nine: Middle Skills (November 18, 2017)
- Session ten: Offside Skills (November 25, 2017)
Jump and Agility Training – This 60-minutes, twice a week for a month session. It will focus on increasing the athlete’s ability to transmit force into the ground to improve vertical jump height. We will also focus on absorbing force through multiple movement patterns to improve agility. In these sessions the athlete will spend time learning how to jump and move more efficiently. We will look at each athletes functional movement screen and work to address the athletes asymmetries to make them more efficient. This efficiency will also aid in injury prevention to the hips, knees and ankles. We will use a variety of tools including resistance training, plyometric and ballistic exercises.