PEER-REVIEWED JOURNAL ARTICLES
- De Hertogh, L. Lane, L. , & Ouellette, J. “Feminist Leanings: Tracing Technofeminist and Intersectional Practices and Values in Three Decades of Computers and Composition.” (forthcoming May 2019) Computers and Composition, special issue, “Technofeminism: (Re)Generations and Intersectional Futures.” 25 pgs. Print.
- Lane, L. “Feminine Voice in the Digital Sphere: Disruptive Speech & the Subversion of Gendered Cultural Scripts.” (2015) Ada: a Journal of Gender, New Media, and Technology, Special Issue 8. 2,500 words. Digital. [Link]
- Sanchez, F. Lane, L, and Carter, T. “Engaging Writing about Writing Theory & Multimodal Praxis: Remediating WaW for ‘English 106: First-Year Composition.’” (2014) Composition Studies. 42.2,118- 146. Print. [Link]
- Lane, L. “Feminist Rhetorical Tactics and Hashtag Movements: #SayHerName as Circulatory Activist Discourse.” (2019) Feminist Connections: Transversals in Rhetoric, Media, and Activism. Eds. Katie Fredlund, Kerri Hauman, and Jessica Ouellette. 20 pp. (In press at University of Alabama Press)
- Lane, L. and Unger, D. “Considering Global Communication and Usability as Networked Engagement: Lessons from 4C4Equality.” (2018) Thinking Globally, Composing Locally: Applications for International Communication Exchange. Eds. Kirk St. Amant and Rich Rice. Utah State University Press. [Link]
PEER REVIEWED CONFERENCE PROCEEDINGS
- Lane, L. “Iteration for Impact: Exploring Design Thinking & Designing for Social Change in a Client Project.” Experience Report. Proceedings from the 36th SIGDOC conference (2018). Association of Computing Machinery.
SPECIAL ISSUES & EDITORIAL WORK
- Spark: A 4C4Equality Journal. Managing editor. Published under Writing and Working for Change series/New City Community Press. Inaugural issue forthcoming Spring 2019. www.sparkactivism.com
- “Writing Networks for Social Justice.” (Printed zine October 2017, webtext published with constellations journal May 2018). Co-edited with Donald Unger. Constellations: A Cultural Rhetorics Publishing Space. 62 pp. [Link]
Recent Conference Presentations
“Considering Accountable Design in TPC: Tactics for Teaching Social Design and Design Standards”. 2019 Association of Teachers of Technical Writing conference (ATTW). Pittsburgh, PA. March 2019 (Accepted).
“Iteration for Impact: Exploring Design Thinking & Designing for Social Change in a Client Project.“ 2018 SIGDOC conference. Milwaukee, WI. August 2018.
“Design Thinking and Design Justice as Tools for Bringing Social Justice into TPC Client Projects.” 2018 Association of Teachers of Technical Writing conference (ATTW). Kansas City, KS. March 2018.
“Directions for Engagement and Innovation in Technical Communication Pedagogy.” 2017 Association of Teachers of Technical Writing conference (ATTW). Portland, OR. 2017.
“Cultivating a Critical Approach to Social Media Research in Rhetoric and Writing Studies.” 68th Annual Conference on College Composition and Communication (CCCC). Portland, OR. 2017.
“Ethics of Activist Design: Designing a Technical Communication Pedagogy Grounded in Civic Engagement Activism.” Poster Presentation, Student Research Competition at SIGDOC. Silver Springs, MD. 2016.
Feminist Rhetorical Theory
“Feminist Leanings:” Tracing Technofeminist and Intersectional Practices and Values in Three Decades of Computers and Composition”. 70th Annual Conference on College Composition and Communication (CCCC). Pittsburgh, PA. March 2019 (Accepted)
[Panel Title] “What Buzzes In Between: Analyzing Affect and Social Media.” 69th Annual Conference on College Composition and Communication (CCCC). Kansas City, MO. 2018.
“Counterpublics, Circulation, and Subversion: The Rhetorical Impact of Feminist Activism in Networked Spaces.” Eleventh Biennial Feminisms and Rhetorics Conference. Dayton, OH. October 2017.
“Building #FemFuture: Considering Online Feminist Interventions and Subversions to Abuse.” Tenth Biennial Feminisms and Rhetorics Conference. Tempe, AZ. 2015.
“Sustaining a #FemFuture: Online Feminist Interventions and Subversions to Hostile Speech.” Computers and Writing Conference. Menomonie, WI. 2015.
“Exhuming the Past, Subverting the Future: Historical Traces of Bodily Ethos and Women’s Rhetoric on the Activist Web.” 66th Annual Conference on College Composition and Communication (CCCC). Tampa, FL. 2015. Reviewed by Kairos Praxis Wiki. [Link]