ELHS Sports Boosters Scholarships
CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR 2018 - 2019 SCHOLARSHIP AWARD WINNERS!
Female Athlete: Haily Buchanan
Member of our varsity Volleyball team and varsity soccer team. Hailey will attend Concord University in the fall to continue her education and volleyball career. Hailey plans to major in criminology.
Male Athlete: Allden Horne
Varsity Basketball and Varsity Baseball player his senior year. Will attend Guilford College in the fall where he will continue his education and baseball career. Allden plans to major in business.
Sports Booster Member Athlete: Emma White
Member of our womens cross country team and varsity soccer team. Emma will attend Davidson College in the fall to continue her education, she plans to major in Biology.
Male, Female and Booster Scholarship Award Winners - Criteria and Recipients
Each year the ELHS Sports Boosters offer 3 scholarships to outstanding student-athletes; Female Athlete, a Male Athlete and a Sports Booster Member Athlete.
The following criteria is used to nominate and ultimately select the winners:
- Parent(s) must be members and attend at leave 50% of Sports Boosters Meeting as well as complete 10 volunteer hours.
- The Athlete must have participated in at least 2 sports during their Senior year.
- The Athlete must be a well-rounded student athlete, who performed in the classroom as well as in their sports.
- The Athlete must lead by example, be a role model to their peers and be held in the highest regard by the Teachers and Coaches.
- The Athlete must be college bound for the upcoming fall.
1. Once nominated, the Coaches vote to select a Female Athlete, a Male Athlete and a Sports Booster Member Athlete.
2. Each will receive a $500 scholarship payable at the end of each semester their Freshman year for a total of $1,000 to each recipient. We will provide a letter to them with direction on how to receive their payments.
3. Nominations and voting is completed at the end of each school year and presented at Senior Awards Night!