Green Leadership Grants
The Green Leadership Grants (GLG) program is designed to empower students participating in the Dream in Green Academy’s environmental education programs by providing grants to support Green Team’s ‘green’ initiatives that require additional financial resources. Students in kindergarten to 12th grades learn to brainstorm ideas, manage budgets, work as a team, and execute projects that will have a long-lasting impact on the environment.
GLG can be submitted by teachers, but initiatives must be student-led. The Green Team must brainstorm ideas, manage budgets, work as a team, and execute projects that will have a long-lasting impact on the environment. Click here for Grant Application.
- Monthly Challenge Grants (from October to April): Dream in Green will award three $350 grants per month to support monthly challenge activities and to support eco-summits that showcase students' "green" projects to the entire school and wider community.
- Competition Grants: Dream in Green has made funds available for schools to cover costs of competitions and registration fees. These grants are for schools to utilize for things outside of the monthly Challenge Grants. Activities may include but not limited to: competition entry fees, material reimbursement, transportation to/from events, etc. Up to $150 will be available.
*Schools may only be awarded one grant, i.e. a school that was awarded a monthly challenge grant is not eligible to receive an Eco-Summit grant.
- Energy Efficiency & Conservation: Mon., October 7, 2019
- Water Quality & Conservation: Mon., November 4, 2019
- Waste Reduction & Recycling: Mon., December 2, 2019
- Green Living (Buildings/Careers): Mon., January 6, 2020
- Alternative Transportation: Mon., February 3, 2020
- Food Security: Mon., March 2, 2020
- Eco-Summit: Mon., April 6, 2020
Tell us about the ‘green’ project you would like to develop and implement at your school. The proposal should include a narrative, budget and evaluation plan. Schools may only be awarded one grant per academic year.
Grantees of the monthly challenge and Eco-Summit grants will have 60 days from receipt of check to complete the project, submit the evaluation report/survey and pictures. Schools are not required to submit purchase receipts.
Monthly grant funding is made possible by: