Permanent FS Jobs
Permanent Fire Hire Announcements for Region 5 are Currently Closed
Wildland Firefighter Apprentice
Wildland firefighter apprentices are involved with wildland fire suppression, management and control. Working on Fire Engines, Handcrews and Helitack. They may be away from home for weeks at a time, often work long hours outdoors and may fly in helicopters, hike into mountainous areas or patrol on roads to access wildfires. They may also speak to the public about fire prevention. Other duties may include working in a dispatch or fire prevention capacity.
Pollock Pines, Camino, Georgetown, Grizzly Flats, Pioneer and Kyburz
- Must be a US Citizen or US National
- Males born after 12/31/59 must be Selective Service registered or exempt
- Must meet Interagency Fire Program Management (IFPM) qualifications
- Position requires a Work Capacity Test (WCT)
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Subject to negative drug test prior to entrance on duty
- Must meet Maximum Entry Age (MEA) requirements, ages 18-37*
*Veterans and applicants eligible for the Land Management Workforce Flexibility Act (LMWFA) may apply if they are older than 37. For more information, contact Human Resources Management at (877) 372-7248, Option 2.
Visit How to Apply for tips on writing a resume & using USAJOBS.