Econophysics Colloquium 2018
September 12-14, 2018 Palermo - Italy
Econophysics Colloquium is an annual meeting on Econophysics that brings together physicists, economists and practitioners to discuss statistical methods, quantitative measures, modelling approaches, numerical simulations and non-conventional data mining methods applied to financial, economic, and social systems. Econophysics Colloquium started in 2005 in Canberra (Australia) and in subsequent years was held in the following locations: Tokyo (Japan 2006), Ancona (Italy 2007), Kiel (Germany 2008), Erice (Italy 2009), Taipei (Taiwan 2010), Vienna (Austria 2011), Zürich (Switzerland 2012), Pohang (Korea 2013), Kobe (Japan 2014), Prague (Czech Republic 2015), São Paulo (Brazil 2016), and Warsaw (Poland 2017). The Colloquium is taking place in Palermo at the 20th anniversary of the organization of the “International Workshop on Econophysics and Statistical Finance” held in Palermo, Italy 28-30 September 1998.
Econophysics Colloquium 2018 aims to stimulate presentation and discussion of theories, methods and models developed in research areas like physics, mathematics, computer science, social sciences, and engineering. Econophysics Colloquium 2018 will promote the opportunity of meeting with people belonging to different scientific fields who are interested in interdisciplinary cooperation. We will also promote the strengthening of the interaction between the academia and the industry, including business people, bank representatives, insurance institutions, IT companies and stock exchanges. Econophysics Colloquium 2018 welcomes the participation of graduate students, Ph.D. students, and anyone interested in these subjects.
The Colloquium will take place at the Department of Physics and Chemistry of Palermo University, Palermo, Italy.
During 2018, the city of Palermo is “Capitale Italiana della Cultura” (Italian capital of culture) and therefore is full of cultural initiatives (https://www.comune.palermo.it/capitale-cultura-2018.php). One parallel international initiative is The European Biennal of Contemporary Art, Manifesta 12. Manifesta is an itinerant Biennal of Art and the 12th edition (https://manifesta.org/2015/11/m12-to-be-hosted-in-palermo/) is held in Palermo in 2018.
The topics of the Econophysics Colloquium 2018 includes:
- Financial market modeling
- Market microstructure
- Multifractal description of market indicators
- Event, relationship, proximity based, and statistically validated networks
- Economic and financial networks
- Multilayer networks in economics and finance
- Systemic risk
- Random matrix theory application to finance
- Information filtering from multivariate variables
- Financial bubbles
- Computational social science methods in econophysics
- Opinion dynamics
- Agent based models in economics and finance
- Heterogeneity and Pareto laws in economic and financial systems
- Analytically solvable agent based models
- Financial technology
- Sharing economy
- Early registration: until August 3rd, 2018
- Late registration: from August 4th, 2018
- Abstract submission deadline: July 1st, 2018
- Notification of acceptance: July 27th, 2018
- Econophysics Colloquium 2018: September 12-14, 2018