The 4th Workshop on Data Science for Social Good - SoGood 2019
The 4th Workshop on Data Science for Social Good, SoGood 2019, will take place in Würzburg, Germany, associated to ECML PKDD 2019, on September 20th.
The workshop intends to attract papers on how Data Science can and does contribute to social good in its widest sense. New to this edition, it also wants to attract project proposals looking for collaborations with data scientists.
Topics of interest include:
- Government transparency and IT against corruption
- Public safety and disaster relief
- Access to food, water, and utilities
- Efficiency and sustainability
- Data journalism
- Economic, social and personal development
- Smart city services
- Social services, unemployment and homelessness
- Ethical issues, fairness and accountability
We are interested both in non-profit projects and in projects that, that while not defined as non-profit, still have social good as their main focus and have managed to build a sustainable business model.
Papers accepted at the workshop will be included in a volume of the Springer LNAI series with the proceedings of ECML PKDD workshops.
- Workshop paper/project submission deadline: EXTENDED, Friday, July 5, 2019 (anywhere on Earth)
- Workshop paper/project acceptance notification : Monday, Jul 22nd, 2019
- Workshop paper camera-ready deadline: Wednesday, July 31, 2019
- Workshop: Friday September 20th, 2019