REgion VIII RLC
SANDESTIN GOLF & BEACH RESORT | FEBRUARY 27 - MARCH 1, 2020
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER YOU OR YOUR CHAPTER TODAY
The Region VIII RLC is hosted by the Atlanta Area Alumni Chapter at the Sandestin Golf & Beach Resort in Sandestin, FL. The RLC will begin with check-in and a bonfire on 2/28, with a full day of programming on 2/29. Meals on Friday night and Saturday are included in registration.
A pre-RLC event for alumni only will be held on 2/27, with activities during the day on 2/28.
Get excited for a great weekend of brotherhood and programming. Kickoff the weekend at a bonfire with your brothers on 2/28 at the resort. We have a great day of programming on 2/29 with officer tracks and personal development sessions from great speakers. Chapters are encouraged to send all officers, with RM assessment discounts for 5 attendees and special recognition for the chapter with the largest attendance.
$450/CHAPTER - Includes 2 Registrations
$70/MEMBER - Additional Registrations
Come early on 2/27 to enjoy an alumni focused evening and day of activities prior to the beginning of RLC. A day of programming on Saturday includes alumni tracks and outstanding speakers. Alumni are encouraged to bring guests and enjoy the beautiful resort. Registration includes events/meals on Friday night and Saturday. Alumni-only events on Thursday/Friday are not included in the registration costs, but will be a great time to spend time with your fellow alumni.
FAQs & INFORMATION
schedule of events
- Check-in at hotel
- Bonfire at hotel with food included
- Morning - 7:30am-12pm
- Small breakfast provided
- Welcome remarks including Roll Call, State of Fraternity, DCEF
- Programming begins with Risk Management & All-Pro Rush
- Personal & Professional Development Tracks
- Afternoon - 12pm-7pm
- Working lunch with personal finance seminar
- Officer tracks for all officers, AMC, Recruitment, and Alumni
- Ritual exemplification & AM seminar
- Evening/Night - 7pm-10pm
- Dinner with keynote speaker
- Speeches & Voting for Regent & 2021 RLC
- Breakfast on your own
- Check out of hotel
*** Schedule is currently tentative and could change
- The $450 chapter assessment fee covers two registrations and supports the overall RLC.
- Each additional member will be $70 on top of the assessment.
- Hotel costs are not included and should be booked separately at $138/night. Up to 4 can stay in double room.
- Chapters should also factor in travel costs and those meals not included in the registration.
- Chapters are encouraged to send the full exec board to get the maximum benefit, including the "A", "B", "C", "D", "E", "F", AMC & Recruitment. Chapters that send at least 5 members receive a $10/member discount on the following year's Risk Management Assessment for all chapter members.
- In order to send 8 members, chapters should plan for at least $1500 in their budget if covering all costs.
- The $100 registration covers the standard RLC events from Friday night through Saturday night.
- Hotel costs are not included and should be booked separately at $138/night for a King or Double beds.
- Pre-RLC alumni events are not included in registration (more info below).
- Meals Included: Friday Dinner, Saturday Breakfast, Saturday Lunch, Saturday Dinner
- T-Shirts: Available for $15 and should be specified during registration to ensure proper sizes.
- Guests: $50 includes the dinner on Saturday night only
PRE-RLC ALUMNI EVENTS
Alumni are encouraged to come a day early to enjoy an alumni dinner on Thursday 2/27 and a day of activities on Friday 2/28. There will be a variety of options planned for alumni & guests, including golfing, fishing and a museum tour. All activities will be organized in advance, however the costs will be on the individuals and will be communicated to those interested. We also encourage alumni to enjoy the great resort and all its amenities.
The events are focused on alumni, which means chapter members should not plan on arriving early or attending. Chapters should arrive and check in on 2/28.
Facilitators & Speakers
We have a great group of facilitators and speakers that will be presenting of personal & professional development topics, as well as guiding the chapter members and alumni through officer tracks. Each facilitator was hand-picked for their experience in the various topics.
REgent & 2021 RLC Voting
At RLC, the chapters will vote on two important items.
- 2021 RLC Host - The chapter that will host the next RLC in 2021.
- All chapters interested in hosting should contact the Regent for details
- Regent - The Regent will serve on the Board of Regents, representing Region VIII, for a 2 year term that will begin at the end of RLC.
- The Board of Regents shall consist of 13 voting positions: nine Regents as elected by the Regions, the Executive Committee (“AA”, “CC”, “DD”), and the Retiring “AA”. The Board of Regents (Board) between Conventions shall be the supreme legislative body of the Fraternity. Subject to the provisions of Delta Chi Law, the Board shall have full and complete legislative powers. These powers shall include granting and revoking charters in accordance with Delta Chi Law, adopting the annual budget, making other policy determinations, and such other powers as are granted by Delta Chi Law.
Chapters will be eligible for a certain number of votes based on their membership size. Some chapters may not be eligible to vote if you have not met minimum standards for grades, finances, or risk management.
Register yourself and/or your chapter members online by using the events section on the MyDCHI website.
Book your hotel room at Sandestin Golf & Beach Resort for $138/night with a king or 2 double beds.