How to Be Careful With the Teeth During and After Braces
One thing that you would be pretty concerned about while having braces is proper care for your teeth. You will find taking care of your teeth pretty difficult when your braces are on. But it doesn’t make proper care for your teeth any less important. You need to be concerned about keeping your teeth healthy during the times when your braces are on. In fact, taking care of your teeth after getting the braces off is equally important.
Things to do while braces are on
While your braces are on, there can be difficulty in regular teeth cleaning as well as daily dental care. But there are some things which you can do to ensure this care.
- For better teeth cleaning, you can consider getting an electric toothbrush. Electric toothbrush has small brush head which can make it easy for you to brush hidden corners and areas very close the braces’ wire.
- Make sure that you are not skipping floss on daily basis. Flossing can be quite helpful in getting rid of the smallest food particles and debris.
- Gums inflammation is the real side effect of braces. Therefore, you need to make sure that you use mouth rinse on daily basis. Mouth rinse can help you get rid of the oral bacteria which can be destructive.
- Sometimes, the cavity risk for you may be very high. In that case, you can ask your dentist for prescription toothpaste. Such toothpastes are very strong because they have strong antiseptic and antibacterial elements.
- Apart from mouth rinse, you need to make sure that you are rinsing your mouth with water on regular basis. Do it in every couple of hours.
- While playing sports, the risk of damage in case of impact can be multiplied if you have braces on. Therefore, you have to make sure that you are wearing a mouth guard.
Although you may have got your braces off, you need to not to put your guard down yet. First thing you should be concerned about is the existence of stains which tend to remain in the area where braces were on. Then there is still the risk of teeth getting misaligned. Proper care is the only way you can make the effect of braces permanent.
- After getting your braces off, you need to visit your dentist regularly in order to get your teeth cleaned. Teeth and gums can be vulnerable after braces’ removal. Proper dental care can help you avoid every issue.
- For daily dental cleaning, you need to use a toothbrush with soft bristles. It takes time for the teeth to regain strength in enamel after removal of braces. Use of hard bristles can scrub tooth enamel.
- And finally, you need to make sure that you are wearing a retainer regularly. The teeth can lose their alignment after removal of braces. A retainer can help you ensure that your teeth remain in place.