Duke Fence 4 the Fight
Join Duke Fencing as we Fence For the Fight Against Breast Cancer!
Breast Cancer Affects Everyone
Almost all of us have a family member, a friend, or a colleague who has or is fighting this awful disease. And while progress has been made, we still have a long way to go in curing and caring for those who are stricken.
For the Duke Fencing Family, this disease has struck very close to home. Our own Elizabeth Beguinet is carrying on her own fight right now. Elizabeth, the wife of our head coach Alex, is not just our recruiting coordinator, or travel coordinator, or seamstress for our uniforms. She’s been our confidant, our coach, our on-campus mom, and our family for 34 years. And when a member of our family fights, we all fight.
We want your help in her fight against breast cancer. Please support both Elizabeth and Duke Fencing by partnering with us and the Duke Cancer Institute by making a pledge to fight Breast Cancer.
· You can pledge either $0.10, $0.25, $0.50, $1.00, $1.75 or $2.50 for every win a team member gets over the year. For perspective, we won 952 bouts last year.
· You can also choose your own pledge amount or make a one-time donation of any amount.
· The largest donor will receive a Duke Fencing prize package in honor of their support.
· All donors will receive an autographed picture of this year’s team.
· For Duke Fencing Alums, we will track pledges by your graduation class. The graduation class with the highest donation total will be honored with a plaque prominently placed in the fencing gym.
· Your pledges will be totaled at the end of the season and you will be notified then of your pledge total by Duke Cancer Development to make payment.
· All money raised goes directly to the Duke Cancer Institute (DCI) and is fully tax deductible; you will receive a receipt from the DCI.