Dealing With the Drop in Ranking
If you are an SEO professional, you may know about the fact that rankings can drop pretty suddenly. You may have worked quite well to make sure that your website remains on top but internet covers the entire globe. There is a higher chance for a better competitor to show up and undo your dominance in SERPs. But it’s not something you need to be OK with. In fact, you can do your work to regain your top rank in the search results. having that said, there are a few things that you can do to make sure that your website get enough amount of traffic from your target audience.
When it comes to improving website ranking, you will need to work on the overall engagement. A few things that you should include in your strategy are:
- Improving your ability to complete the tasks
- Working on higher bounce rate in order to reduce it
- Updating content on regular basis
- Building high quality links
Although you can ensure dominating the search results by working on these areas of your SEO strategy, a drop in ranking can still be inevitable.
First you need to check the usual suspects. A few things in this list include Google Penalties, technical issues, site changes, lost links, and competition. For instance, people usually kill the website speed in order to improve UX. That’s the kind of issues you will need to address. Here are a few steps that you need to take into consideration in order to deal with the drop in ranking.
- One thing that makes it difficult for the reader to pay attention to your content with ease is the readability of fonts. Font features you need to work on in this scenario mainly include font size, headings, line height, lists, tables, quotes, color/contrast, and typography.
- When you do keyword research, make sure that you are keeping user intent in focus. That will help you get targeted traffic on your website.
- When it comes to content arrangement, make sure that you are adding pictures and videos in the content.
- You can bring more people on your website by answering to people’s questions. You can create content based on the answers to those questions.
- Another way to make sure that you bring your entire website into the limelight of Google is to develop effective interlinking in your website.