Dragon Applied Topology Conference
Swansea 11-14 September 2018.
The aim of the conference is to bring together the researchers in computational and applied topology as well as celebrate the opening of the UK Centre for Topological Data Analysis established by a consortium consisting of Oxford, Liverpool, and Swansea.
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!
Please follow this link to register to the conference.
The standard conference fee is 80 GBP. Phd students and young researches are not subject to the fee (see the registration form for details).
Once your registration is accepted, you will be asked to pay the fee through an online payment system.
You can also apply for accommodation and in exceptional circumstances travel support. Please consult the registration form for details.
The main accommodation venue is in Singleton Campus, Swansea University. In the registration form there is an option to reserve it directly.
The Swansea University Singleton Campus is located in Singleton Park, right on the coast of Swansea Bay; the city centre is to the east, the North Devon coast is visible to the south, Brecon Beacons National Park is to the north, and the old fishing village of Mumbles lies to the southwest across the bay. Mumbles marks the start of the Gower Peninsula, an area of outstanding natural beauty, with long beaches, dramatic coastal scenery, and a rich history.
From within the UK travel to Swansea by train is relatively easy. There are direct trains from London Paddington (leaving about once per hour, journey time of 3 hours), and Manchester via Birmingham. Train schedules (including from airports) can be checked at http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/ . There is a regular bus service that connects the Swansea rail station with the University campus.
Below is a list of airports that are relatively accessible from Swansea.
- Cardiff Airport - a small and very convenient airport. Public transportation available to Swansea (bus + train, takes about 1 1/4 hours total).
- Bristol Airport - a little further, also has a reasonable bus + train connection to Swansea (takes at least 2 hours, possibly more on a Sunday - check the schedule)
- Birmingham Airport - small and convenient airport. Pleasant train connection to Swansea (takes 3 1/2 hours)
- London Heathrow Airport - very large, but plenty of flights to choose from. Direct coach to Swansea is available from National Express, but it takes 4 1/2 hours. One can also take the Heathrow Express train to Paddington and then change to a direct train to Swansea (total time: about 3 1/2 hours)
- London Gatwick - a direct coach to Swansea is available, but it takes a gruesome 5 1/2 hours, so we advise against it. Stansted and Luton are even worse.