Garden & Produce Show
10th August 2019
Whether you are a grower, arranger, crafter, photographer, writer or cook and no matter your age or expertise, it's now time to start planning what you will enter, that is, if you haven't already done so.
There are a wide range of classes to choose from for adults and children, see the details on the attached document.
You will also find all the rules at the bottom of this page.
Nominations are now open for:
- Residents' Association Cup for the best managed garden in a manner appropriate to the site. The runner up in this class will receive the Waldron-Yeo Cup.
- The Vittle Shied for the best Window Box or Hanging Basket.
Any villager may nominate a Garden, Window Box or Hanging Basket; simply obtain the owner's permission and then complete the form below by 10th July.
They will be judged between the 17th and 24th July.
- Entries will be accepted in the Village Hall on Friday 9th August from 6.30pm to 8.00pm and on Saturday 10th August from 8.00am to 10.15am. Entries 30p each, Children's section entries are free.
- All exhibits of flowers and vegetables must be grown in the exhibitor's family garden. The committee reserve the right to inspect competitors' gardens before or after the show. This rule is not applicable to classes 50 - 53, the flower arrangements.
- The decision of the judges is final.
- If there are less than four exhibits in any single class, prizes may be awarded according to the judgres' discretion.
- Perpetual awards will be awarded to exhibitors on the basis of cumulative scores in the nominated classes; 1st, 2nd and 3rd gaining 4, 2 and 1 point respectively. Highly Commended will gain 0.5 point. In the event of a tie the number of firsts, seconds and thirds will be taken into account. If the tie persists, holding of the award shall be shared.
- Anyone residing within a ten mile radius of Deviock School may exhibit.
- All awards are to be returned to the committee by the last Tuesday in July of the succeeding year.
Doors open to the public at 2.30pm and prize giving will start at 3.00pm.
Refreshments will be available.
After the prize giving, an auction will be held for any items kindly given by the exhibitors.