Art & Craft Show
27th July to 4th August 2019
The Art & Craft Show is open:
- Sunday 27th July to Thursday 1st August - 10.30am to 5pm
- Friday 2nd August and Saturday 3rd August - 10.30am to 6pm
- Sunday 4th August - 10.30am to 5pm.
Entry to the show will be free, although donations will be welcomed.
There will be a raffle running throughout the show which will be draw on Sunday 4th August at approx 4pm.
General Information for Sellers
Booking space: please complete the online booking form below as soon as possible and no later than Friday 17th May. Or contact Keith and Mandy Smith on 01503 250412.
If you indicate that you wish to pay by BACS our details are - Account Name: Downderry and Seaton Village Hall; Account No: 90365823; Sort Code: 20 50 40; Reference: A&C Show followed by your name.
If you intend to send a cheque, please print the confirmation email and enclose with a cheque made payable to: Downderry & Seaton Village Hall. Then send to: Mr K Smith, 2 Treliddon Lane, Downderry PL11 3LP.
On receipt of payment, you will receive confirmation of your booking and this will include your USN (Unique Sellers Number).
Handing in: please bring your craft items/paintings and raffle prize if you will be providing one to the Village Hall either on Friday 26th July 10am to 2pm and 6pm to 8pm or Saturday 27th July 8.30am to 10am. You should also hand in a self addressed envelope which we will use to send your cheque for items sold, less sales commission.
Collection: all unsold work must be collected either on Sunday 4th August 5pm to 7pm or Monday 5th August 10am to 1pm.
Stewarding and costs: sellers who do at least 3 hours as stewards pay 20% sales commission and all others 30%. We will endeavour to allocate stewarding times based on your requests, however, if this isn't possible we reserve the right to suggest other times to you. Details will be sent to you nearer the event.
Payment: you will be responsible for your own inventory listing and will be paid based on the items written on the Daily Sales Sheets completed by stewards.
Raffle: we will be running a raffle and would be delighted to receive donations of prizes for this.
Advertising: the Village Hall Committee will advertise this show, however, if you can distribute or display posters or fliers please email us and we will send you a copy (email@example.com).
Insurance: the Village Hall Committee will try to ensure that your items are kept safe and secure; however, we accept no responsibility for loss or damage to your items.
Refreshments: tea and coffee making facilities will be available for stewards.
Proceeds: all proceeds from the show are for Village Hall funds to maintain and improve this vital village amenity.
We reserve the right to refuse any items/paintings we consider unsuitable.
- £5 per small table (approx 90cm/35”) £10 for a large table.
- You will be allocated the amount of space you book, so please be realistic about the space you need.
- Each item must have a label securely attached which clearly states, item description, your name, USN and price, as this is the information stewards will record on the Daily Sales Sheets. Any item without an individual label, will not be sold, but placed under the sellers table. Cards of the same cost, will not be recorded individually on the Daily Sales Sheets, instead it will show the number purchased and cost per card.
- You may arrange your items during the handing in times and when restocking your table. You are welcome to leave additional items under your table which stewards will use to restock.
Wall mounted Paintings
- All paintings should be framed and have secure and taut hanging string or wire attached to the back.
- The hanging fee is £1.00 for each painting up to 60cm square. Larger paintings will be charged at £1.50 each.
- A completed tie on label must be securely attached to each painting so it is visible from the front which clearly states, painting description, your name, USN and price, as this is the information stewards will record on the Daily Sales Sheets.
- We can only hang a maximum of 5 paintings per seller, an additional 4 paintings can be left with the committee and we will endeavour to display them when space becomes available.
- Unframed painting/prints can be displayed in containers provided by the seller on the same basis as Crafts. If you intend to do this you will have to book a small or large table.
- Paintings will be hung by committee members.