I am an Associate Professor of Finance and Business Economics and a Marion B. Ingersoll Endowed Professor in the Foster School of Business - University of Washington.
My research interests are in Corporate Governance, Mergers and Acquisitions, Private Equity, Bankruptcy, Corporate Social Responsibility, and Corporate Finance.
I hold a PhD in Finance from Stanford University Graduate School of Business and I taught for 10 years at the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania. I also earned M.A in Financial Economics and B.Sc in Computer Science and Economics at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
Mergers and Acquisitions (MBA/Undergraduate): winter 2021
Corporate Finance (PHD) : winter 2021
1. Non-Binding Voting For Shareholder Proposals (with Nadya Malenko), Journal of Finance, 66(5), 1579-1614, October 2011
2. The Labor Market for Directors and Externalities in Corporate Governance (with Nadya Malenko), Journal of Finance, 71(2), 775-808, April 2016
3. Advising Shareholders in Takeovers, Journal of Financial Economics, 126(3), 614-634, December 2017
4. Corporate Control Activism (with Adrian Corum), Journal of Financial Economics, 133(1), 1-17, July 2019
5. Soft Shareholder Activism, Review of Financial Studies, 32(7), 2775–2808, July 2019
6. Governance Under Common Ownership (with Alex Edmans and Devin Reilly), Review of Financial Studies, 32(7), 2673–2719, July 2019
7. Freeze-out Mergers (with Dalkır Elif and Mehmet Dalkır), Review of Financial Studies, 32(8), 3266-3297, August 2019
8. Words Speak Louder Without Actions, Journal of Finance, 75(1), 91-131, February 2020
9. Who’s Paying Attention? Measuring Common Ownership and Its Impact on Managerial Incentives (with Erik Gilje and Todd Gormley), Journal of Financial Economics, 137(1), 152-178, July 2020
10. A Theory of One-Size-Fits-All Recommendations (with Anton Tsoy); American Economic Journal: Microeconomics, forthcoming
13. Irrelevance of Governance Structure (with Zohar Goshen)
14. Common Ownership and the Decline of the American Worker (with Zohar Goshen)
Work in Progress
16. Voter IQ (with Alon Brav, Wei Jiang, and Junjun Quan )
17. Sunset Provisions (with Hyunseob Kim and Roni Michaely)
18. Should Short-Term Shareholders Have Less Rights? (with Lucian Bebchuk)