dsurrao @ hotmail.com, 617.968.5207
Software strategy, design, development, and product management.
- Technical project lead, client relations and product management.
- iOS development using Xcode in Objective C, Swift, React Native.
- SQL Server, MySQL, CouchDB, HL7
- EHR systems: Oncall, Mojo (mobile), Epic, OpenMRS
Web Applications Architect, Laboratory of Computer Science, MGH Oct 2001 – Feb 2017
- Served as project lead and client manager for the Infectious Disease Associates EHR system.
- Implemented quality improvement tools in primary care settings using health maintenance rules, CDSS alerts, risk calculators, and note writing with coded concepts.
- Created applications for research study data collection and analysis (publications below).
- Developed an iPhone-based EHR for chart display, lab and suboptimal follow-up alerting.
- Improved patient safety by providing lab and report data from HL7 feeds to the hospital's Center for Quality and Safety.
- Supported the Clinical Research Program with recruitment of clinical trial volunteers via study listing and volunteer registration websites.
- Implemented a patient monograph with disease activity calculator for the Rheumatoid Arthritis Program.
Web Software Developer, Molecular Inc., Watertown, MA Feb 2000 – Jul 2001
Developed back-end software for e-commerce websites.
- Efficacy of a Clinical Decision-Support System in an HIV Practice: A Randomized Trial, Annals of Internal Medicine, December 2012.
- A Rheumatology-Specific Informatics-Based Application with a Disease Activity Calculator,
- Arthritis & Rheumatism (Arthritis Care & Research), April 2009.
- Physician Ability to Assess Rheumatoid Arthritis Disease Activity Using an Electronic Medical
- Record–Based Disease Activity Calculator, Arthritis & Rheumatism, April 2009.
M.S. Computer Science, Worcester Polytechnic Institute, Worcester, MA
B.Sc. Mathematics, Madras Christian College, Chennai, India