Data & Knowledge Engineering Laboratory
Welcome to the Data & Knowledge Engineering (DKE Lab) in the School of Computer Science and Engineering at Kyungpook National University! The major mission of our lab is to solve real problems involving heavy data processing engaged in diverse areas. We pursue a high-quality data-centric research that makes ourselves and the world happier. We will provide full support for your passion and commitment to achieve our mission!
경북대학교 데이터 및 지식 공학 연구실 (Data & Knowledge Engineering Lab.) 에서는 최신 하드웨어 및 머신 러닝을 활용한 데이터 관리 및 응용 기술에 대한 다채로운 연구를 수행하고 있습니다.
- GPGPU 기반의 다양한 데이터 시스템들의 병목 현상 탐색
- 머신 (혹은 딥) 러닝 기반의 데이터-주도형 서비스 기술
- 대용량 한글 문서에 대한 효율적인 검색 기술
- 프라이빗 의료 데이터 클라우드 기술 등
- 지역 기업과 산학 협력 과제 수행
- 본 연구실에서 함께 연구하고 생활할 성실하고 열정적인 학생 (학부연구생(4학년), 석사과정, 박사과정)들을 모집하고 있습니다. 이메일 (yksuh at knu dot ac dot kr)로 연락 혹은 직접 연구실로 방문해 주시기 바랍니다.
- We're currently seeking for passionate undergraduate, master's, doctoral students to join our lab. Please contact me by email or in person.
- (NEW) Our paper, entitled "Improving the I/O efficiency in Hadoop-based Massive Data Analysis" has been accepted for publication in Scientific Programming (SCIE: IF 1.344, Q2) (11/07/2018).
- (NEW) Seounghyun Kim (and two other teammates) was ranked on the 20th place in the 19th ACM International Collegiate Programming Contest (ICPC) Seoul Regional. Congratulations to Seounghyun (11/03/2018)!
- (NEW) Prof. Suh earned a small grant, entitled "Research on Big Data Analytics System," from Cretec Chegim, a local company (10/22/2018).
- (NEW) Our two papers were accepted by Korea DataBase Conference 2018 (10/12/2018). Congratulations to Seounghyun Kim and Joo-Young Lee! Good luck at your presentation on 10/19/2018!
- (NEW) Wangi Kim (김완기), Woohyuck Jeon (전우혁), Jaemin Jeon (전재민) recently joined as undergraduate intern. Welcome to our lab (10/01/2018)!
- (NEW) Myungwon Jung (정명원) and Hyuntae Jung (정현태) rejoined as intern. Welcome BACK to our lab (10/01/2018)!
- Jaesung Kim (김재성) recently joined as undergraduate intern. Welcome to our lab (09/01/2018)!
- Our paper, entitled "A Survey of Simulation Provenance Systems: Modeling, Capturing, Querying, Visualization, and Advanced Utilization" has been accepted for publication in Human-centric Computing and Information Sciences (HCIS) (SCIE: IF 1.967, Q2) (08/26/2018).
- Our lab has been successfully relocated to two places: Room #520 (director) / #522 (students) in IT-5 (IT대학 융복합관). Please come and see us!
- Our paper, entitled "A Simulation-Provenance Data Management System for Efficient Job Execution on an Online Computational Science Engineering Platform" has been accepted for publication in Cluster Computing (SCI: IF 1.601, Q2) (07/05/2018).
- Wonsik Kwon (권원식), Myungwon Jung (정명원), and Hyuntae Jung (정현태) recently joined as undergraduate intern. Welcome to our lab (07/01/2018)!
- Seonghyun Lee (김성현) has just joined as undergraduate intern. He'll become a Master's student this Fall. Welcome to our lab (06/04/2018)!
- Jooyoung Lee (이주영) has just joined as undergraduate intern. Welcome to our lab (05/04/2018)!
- Our paper, entitled "A Pattern-Based Outlier Region Detection Method for 2-Dimensional Arrays" has accepted for publication in The Journal of Supercomputing (SCI: IF 1.532, Q2) (05/09/2018)
- Our paper, entitled "MLPPI Wizard: An Automated Multi-level Partitioning Tool on Analytical Workloads," has been published online at KSII Transactions on Internet and Information Systems (SCIE) (04/30/2018).
- Our paper, entitled "Design and Implementation of an Execution-Provenance Based Simulation Data Management Framework for Computational Science Engineering Simulation Platform," has been published at Journal of Internet Computing and Services (KCI) (02/28/2018).
- Prof. Suh earned a three-year grant (for new researchers), entitled "An Integrated Framework for Empirical Studies across Multiple Data-Intensive Systems", from National Research Foundation of Korea (acceptance ratio: 22%) (02/23/2018)
- Our paper, entitled "SEDONA: A Novel Protocol for Identifying Infrequent, Long-running Daemons on a Linux System," has been published at IEICE Transactions on Information Systems (SCIE) (01/01/2018).