The Australian National University
The Australian Centre for Robotic Vision
I am a Research Fellow of the Australian Centre for Robotic Vision and the College of Engineering and Computer Science of the Australian National University (ANU), where I am supervised by Stephen Gould. Previously, I was a PhD student at ANU and Data61/CSIRO, where I worked on geometric vision problems under the supervision of Lars Petersson, Laurent Kneip and Hongdong Li. I was also a research assistant in the Cyber-Physical Systems group of Data61/CSIRO, where I worked on Resource Constrained Vision. Prior to that, I received a BE in Mechatronic Engineering (Hons) from the University of New South Wales, completing a robotics thesis under the supervision of Mark Whitty.
I have broad research interests within computer vision and robotics, including geometric vision and human-centred vision. In particular, I have investigated the problem of geometric sensor data alignment, such as camera localisation, simultaneous localisation and mapping, and structure from motion, and the underlying geometry and optimisation problems. Currently, I am increasingly looking at problems of recognising, modelling, and predicting human actions, poses and human-object interactions with a view to facilitate robot-human interaction as part of an Australian Centre for Robotic Vision project.
- Won 1st prize in the IEEE Australia Council Postgraduate Student Paper Competition for our TPAMI article “Globally-Optimal Inlier Set Maximisation for Camera Pose and Correspondence Estimation”
- Accepted a position as Research Fellow with the Australian Centre for Robotic Vision and the Australian National University under the supervision of Stephen Gould
- Our article "Globally-Optimal Inlier Set Maximisation for Camera Pose and Correspondence Estimation" has been published in Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence (TPAMI)
- Commenced research project into heart rate detection using semi-supervised deep learning
- Completed and submitted PhD thesis "Robust and Optimal Methods for Geometric Sensor Data Alignment"!
- Submitted article on camera pose estimation to Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence (TPAMI)
- Our paper "Globally-Optimal Inlier Set..." etc has won a Marr Prize Honourable Mention at ICCV 2017!
- Source code for GOPAC released online
- Moved site to Black Mountain Laboratories! The reality is more prosaic than the name unfortunately...
- Our paper "Globally-Optimal Inlier Set Maximisation for Simultaneous Camera Pose and Feature Correspondence" has been accepted for the 2017 International Conference on Computer Vision (ICCV) as an oral presentation (2% acceptance rate)
- Source code for GOGMA released online
- Our paper "GOGMA: Globally-Optimal Gaussian Mixture Alignment" has been accepted for the 2016 Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR) as a spotlight presentation
- Our article "Go-ICP: A Globally Optimal Solution to 3D ICP Point-Set Registration" has been published in Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence (TPAMI)
- Source code for Support Vector Registration (SVR) released online
- Our paper "An Adaptive Data Representation for Robust Point-Set Registration and Merging " has been accepted for the 2015 International Conference on Computer Vision (ICCV) [spotlight presentation]