Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering:
1) Green Geotechnics
- Sustainable Landfills, waste containment systems, coal ash / slurry waste ponds
- Value addition / Utilization of potential waste materials in various geotechnical applications
2) Reinforced Earth & Ground Improvement Techniques
- Cracking characteristics of soils
- Soil stabilisation
- Sustainable practices
3) Geosynthetics: Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental applications
- Reinforced earth walls and Embankments
- Embankments & fills
- Geosynthetics : Reinforcement, filtration and drainage, landfill barriers
4) Physical and numerical modelling in Geotechnical Engg., Application of Image analysis
- 1g and Centrifuge modelling Techniques, DIC
Research Group :
Vibha (MS: On going) : Geosynthetic Reinforced Earth Walls and Embankments
Dhanya (PhD: On going) : Bioreactor Landfills
- Behaviour of Geosynthetic Encased CCD Stone Columns
- Numerical studies on slope failure mitigation by using Soil Nails - A case study
- Performance evaluation of bentonite amended coal ash as a landfill barrier
- Stabilization of expansive clay blended with RHA and lime
- Load settlement characteristics of strip footing on geogrid reinfroced clay
a. Papers in refereed journals
- Divya, P.V., Viswanadham, B.V.S. and Gourc, J.P. (2018) “Hydraulic Conductivity Behaviour of Soil Blended with Geofiber Inclusions”, Geotextiles and Geomembranes, Elsevier, ScienceDirect, 42 (2) 121-130 . (Impact factor: 2.44)
- Divya, P.V., Viswanadham, B.V.S. and Gourc, J.P. (2017). “Centrifuge model study on the performance of fiber reinforced clay-based landfill covers subjected to flexural distress”, Applied Clay Science, Elsevier, ScienceDirect, 142, 173-184. (Impact factor: 3.065)(http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0169131716305452)
- Divya, P.V., Viswanadham, B.V.S., Gourc, J.P. (2017) “Centrifuge Modeling and Digital Image Cross-Correlation Analysis of Geofiber-Reinforced Clay-Based Landfill Covers.” Journal of Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering, ASCE, DOI: 10.1061/(ASCE)GT.1943-5606.0001563. (Impact factor: 2.10) (http://ascelibrary.org/doi/abs/10.1061/(ASCE)GT.1943-5606.0001563)
- Divya, P.V., Viswanadham, B.V.S. and Gourc, J.P. (2014). “Evaluation of tensile strength-strain characteristics of fiber reinforced soil through laboratory tests”, Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering, ASCE, Vol. 26, (1), 14-23. (Impact factor: 1.3) (http://ascelibrary.org/doi/abs/10.1061/(ASCE)MT.1943-5533.0000772)
- Divya, P.V., Viswanadham, B.V.S. and Gourc, J.P. (2012). “Influence of Geomembrane on the Deformation Behaviour of Clay-based Landfill Covers”, Geotextiles and Geomembranes, Elsevier, ScienceDirect, Vol. 34, 158-171. (Impact factor: 2.852) (http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S026611441200060X)
- Viswanadham, B. V. S., Rajesh, S., Divya, P.V. and Gourc, J.P. (2011). “Influence of Randomly Distributed Geofibers on the Integrity of Clay-based Landfill Covers: A centrifuge study.” Geosynthetics International, Vol. 18, (5), 255-271. (Impact factor: 2.44) (http://www.icevirtuallibrary.com/doi/abs/10.1680/gein.2011.18.5.255)
- Divya, P.V. and Viswanadham, B.V.S. (2012). “Centrifuge Model Studies on the Behaviour of Composite Covers of Landfills Subjected to Differential Settlements”, Geo-congress 2012, Special Publication. 225, ASCE, 3467-3476.
- Divya, P.V., Viswanadham, B.V.S. and Gourc, J.P. (2011). “Influence of Geofibers on the Performance of Landfill cap covers: Centrifuge study”, Advances in Sustainable Barrier Materials, Geofrontiers 2011, Special Publication. 201, ASCE, 1971-1980.)
- Divya, P.V., Viswanadham, B.V.S. and Gourc, J.P. (2017). “Influence of fiber type and morphology on the integrity of geofiber reinforced landfill cover barriers”, Waste Management, Elsevier. (Impact factor: 4.3)
b. Papers in conference proceedings:
- Divya, P.V., Viswanadham, B.V.S. and Gourc, J.P. (2018) “Evaluation of Hydro-Mechanical Behaviour of Hydraulic barriers of Landfill Covers”, ASCE Geoshangai, 2018.
- Divya, P.V. and Viswanadham, B.V.S. (2016). “Influence of geomembrane stiffness on the integrity of landfill covers: centrifuge modeling”, Indian Geotechnical Conference 2016, 15-17 December 2016, IIT Madras, Chennai, India.
- Viswanadham, B.V.S., Divya, P.V. and Gourc, J.P. (2014) “Tensile strength and permeability behaviour of soil barrier material with and without polyester fibers”, 7th International congress on environmental geotechnics, pp- 448-456, Australia, November 10-14.
- Divya, P.V., Viswanadham, B.V.S. and Gourc, J.P. (2013) “Centrifuge modelling of geomembranes applied to landfill composite cover systems”, Geosynthetics Applied To Landfills and Containment Systems: Lesson Learned and New Research, Geosynthetic 2013, pp- 312-320, April 1-4, Long Beach, California.
- Viswanadham, B.V.S. and Divya, P.V. (2012). “Performance of Composite Covers of landfills Subjected to Differential Settlements: Centrifuge Study”, Proceedings of one day Conference on Geosynthetic Lining Solutions and Related Issues”, Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru, India section- ASCE, 48-58.
- Divya, P.V. and Viswanadham, B.V.S. (2012) “Comparison of the Performance of Compacted Clay Barriers, Composite Barriers and Geofiber Reinforced Barriers of Landfill Covers”, Asiafuge 2012, Proceedings of the First Asian Workshop on Physical Modelling in Geotechnics, pp- 359-367, Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay.
- Ajay, V.J and Divya, P.V. (2015). “Numerical studies on slope failure mitigation by using soil nails - A case study ”, XI International Conference on Science, Engineering & Technology, ICSET 2015, November 3-4.
- Divya. P.V and Viswanadham. B.V.S. (2015) “Deformation behaviour of composite barriers of clay based landfill covers”, Young Geotechnical Engineers’ Symposium on Finite Element Method, IIT Bombay, Mumbai, In association with ISSMGE, DST and IGS Mumbai, 17- 18 May, 2015.
- Divya, P.V. and Viswanadham, B.V.S. (2011). “Experimental Studies on the Response of a Clay Barrier of Landfill Covers to Differential Settlements”, Proceedings of Indian Geotechnical Conference 2011, Kochi, India, Vol. 2, 749-752.
- Divya, P.V. and Bindu, J. (2008). “Effect of Confinement in Improving the Load Carrying Capacity of Soft Soils”, 9th National Conference on Technological Trends, 21-22 Nov 2008, India, 74-79.
- Secured “Award for excellence in PhD work” for the year 2012-2014 for the research contributions at IIT Bombay
- “Research Awards 2015” for the research contributions at VIT University
- Research findings implemented at France by an agency responsible for low-level radioactive waste disposal (ANDRA)
- Journal of Materials in Civil engg., ASCE
- Indian Geotechnical Journal (IGTJ), Springer
- Waste management - (Elsevier, ScienceDirect)
- Journal of Geotechnical & Geoenvironmental engg., ASCE
- Journal of solid waste technology and management
- Associate member of ASCE
will be updated soon!!