Join the CSA
Shares for the 2018 season of the Ditmas Park CSA are still available!
Here is the link to the application form. Remember to have your checkbook ready – although the form is online, we can only accept payment by check. Distribution will start mid-June, but we still have a few shares available. Join today!
Encourage your friends and neighbors to join - there's enough to go around - post this flyer in your building or local business.
Three produce share options:
- Full Share (20 weeks): $765 (pick up every week)
- Full Share (10 weeks): $385 (pick up every-other-week)
- Partial Share (20 weeks): $535 (pick up every week)
- Eggs: Full share (1 dozen/week): $100 & Half share (1/2 dozen per week): $55
- Fruit (10 weeks)*: Half share (3 lbs): $70 & Full share (6 lbs): $140
- Egg and fruit add-ons are also available for every-other-week produce shares, prices are half
Pickup location will be the Flatbush Tompkins Congregational Church on Dorchester & E.19th St (same as recent years)
Pickup day & Time:
- Pickup day for all share options will be Tuesdays
- Pickup time will be 4:45-8pm
- Start date is June 19
What is the difference between a half and partial share?
Partial shares are about 2/3 the quantity of a full share, and are good for a household of approximately 2-3 for one week
Full shares are good for a household of approximately 4-5 for one week. Full shares tend to receive more of an individual item (2 eggplants instead of 1, for example) or additional/specialty items not included in the partial share.
We are again offering an every-other-week full share option for households that want the variety and quantity of a full share but not the every-week commitment. This share type is a great value!!
Many members find they do not need to purchase additional vegetables while they participate in the CSA.
What if I cannot pick up my share for a particular week?
Shares can only be picked up at the designated times listed above. If you can’t pick up your share, please make arrangements for someone else to pick it up for you. This can be a friend, neighbor, or other CSA member.
Shares that are not picked up are donated to the food pantry run by the Flatbush-Tompkins Congregational Church.
What’s in a typical share?
The veggies in a share vary based on the time of year. Partial shares usually have about 10 different items and full shares have about 14 different items (full shares also have greater quantities).
For example, a share might include:
- Green Beans
- We also see eggplant, hot peppers, celery, collards, many types of winter and summer squash, cantaloupe, different types of greens, parsley, snap peas, broccoli, green & red peppers, garlic scapes, green onions, and the list goes on.
What are my responsibilities as a member?
The Ditmas Park CSA is a member-run volunteer organization. We rely on our members to set up, clean up, and distribute shares. Each share is responsible for 2, 1.5-hour shifts during the season. Workshift requirements are per share, not the per person, we encourage everyone who benefits from a share to work a shift. Teenage family members are also welcome to work.
Shares that do not fulfill the workshift requirement are prohibited from participating in the following season.
We use Sign-Up Genius to handle workshift signups and encourage members to create a login to easily modify or swap shifts. Here is the 2018 volunteer sign-up form.
*Season for fruit is shorter than for vegetables, fruit share is only 10 weeks, roughly mid-season