Disheng Xu 许地生
I am a Marie Curie research fellow at Imperial College London starting from August 2019. I obtained my Ph.D degree in October 2016 from Université Paris Diderot and Institut de mathématiques de Jussieu, under the supervision of Professor Artur Avila and Julie Déserti.
I had previously worked at the University of Chicago (supervised by Prof. Amie Wilkinson) and KTH in Stockholm (supervised by Prof. Danijela Damjanovic).
- Dynamical systems: Cocycles and associated Lyapunov exponents, rigidity phenomenon, partially hyperbolic systems, higher rank group actions, random dynamics, etc.
- Spectral theory of Schrödinger operators.
Office: Huxley building, office 683, 180 Queen's Gate, Kensington.
Email: dishengxu1989 at gmail dot com.
Teaching at the University of Chicago
- 2018 Winter: Math 27300 Basic Theory of Ordinary Differential Equations.
- 2018 Winter: Math 20100 Mathematical Methods for Physical Sciences II.
- 2018 Spring: Math 20510 (31&41) Analysis in R^n, accelerated.
- 2018 Spring: Training for IMC (International mathematical competition for university students), E 308, 6-7pm every Wednesday.
- 2018 Autumn: Math 20000 (11&80).
- 2019 Spring: Math 20100 (45&53)