Bachelor of Computer Science at the Institute of Mathematics and Computer Sciences (ICMC), University of São Paulo (USP), São Carlos. M.Sc. and Ph.D. in Computer Science and Computational Mathematics at ICMC-USP, in the domain of time series and digital signal analysis. Currently, I am a Assitant Professor at the Federal University of São Carlos.
Contact: email@example.com (diegofs at ufscar br)
All my work is done in Machine Learning and Data Mining domains. My efforts are mainly focused on mining of time series and music data mining. In the recent years, I have worked on similarity measures and feature extraction from this kind of data. My recently finished (Ph.D.) project proposes techniques to speed up the time series analysis by similarity for different temporal mining tasks. Currently, I've been working on methods for multidimensional time series and spatio-temporal data.
Specifically, my main interests are:
- Data Mining
- Machine Learning
- Time Series
- Music Information Retrieval
- Data Streaming
Honors and Awards
- 1st place in Latin American Doctoral Thesis Contest in Informatics concluded in 2017 - XLIV Latin American Computing Conference
- 2nd place (PhD Theses) in XXXI Best DSc Theses / MSc Dissertations Contest on Computer Science areas concluded in Brazil in 2017 - XXXVIII Congress of the Brazilian Computer Society
- 2nd place (MSc Dissertations) in XXVIII Best DSc Theses / MSc Dissertations Contest on Computer Science areas concluded in Brazil in 2014 - XXXV Congress of the Brazilian Computer Society
- 3rd place (MSc Dissertations) in IX Best DSc Theses / MSc Dissertations Contest in Artificial and Computational Intelligence concluded in Brazil between June 2012 and May 2014 - Joint Conference on Robotics and Intelligent Systems
- Student travel awards in 2016 SIAM International Conference on Data Mining, 2016 ACM SIGKDD Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining, and 2016 IEEE International Conference on Data Mining