The Smart Assistant will try to learn your daily routines and will provide more relevant reminders and recommendations. It will also try to analyze and automatically log your physical activities.
You have to activate it on your primary mobile device, which will be receiving the notifications. In order to work correctly, Smart Assistant needs to track your location. To do that you have to allow access to your location data. Be aware that this feature will keep the app active and will slightly increase the battery usage.
Smart Assistant will need time to learn your places of interest and your daily routines. It may take a few days until you start receiving reminders and recommendations.
You will receive notifications in the following cases:
1. After you wake up and no blood sugar check has been logged in the next 30 minutes (approximately).
2. When you leave home and no check has been logged in the previous 2 hours.
3. After walking or running and no blood sugar check has been logged in the next 15 minutes.
4. When you start driving and
- if there is a bolus in the last 2 hours and no check 30 minutes before starting to drive.
- if there is a blood sugar less than 4.5 mmol/l (81 mg/dl) 30 minutes before starting to drive.
- if there is no blood sugar check logged 30 minutes before starting to drive.
5. Before you normally go to sleep and
- if there is a high blood sugar check between 30 min and 1 hour before going to bed.
- if there is a low blood sugar check 30 min before going to bed.
- if there is no blood sugar check 1 hour before going to bed.
Smart Assistant will also automatically log physical activities using the following rules:
- User finished walking with duration more than 5 minutes.
- User finished running with duration more than 3 minutes.
Note that tracking accuracy depends on the mobile and wi-fi infrastructure in the user's region. At some places and locations it might be less accurate than others, depending on the coverage.
To use voice notification, you have to wait for Android OS to download the voice pack supporting your language. This should happen automatically after you receive the first voice notification. Currently the voice notifications are available in English only, but we'll add more soon.