I am a second year PhD student at Universidade de Lisboa, where I am working under the supervision of Dr. Miguel Tierz. I belong to the Grupo de Física Matemática, and the funding for my scholarship comes from the program LisMath.
Before that, I completed both my Master's and Bachelor's Degrees in mathematics at Universidad Complutense de Madrid.
My main area of interest is Random Matrix Theory, as a meeting point of several mathematical theories and a source of applications to various fields. In particular, I am studying the analytic and algebraic interplay present in the theory of Toeplitz matrices. Be welcome to read my first paper on the subject, joint with Dr. Tierz:
- "Toeplitz minors for Szegö and Fisher-Hartwig symbols", D. García-García and M. Tierz, preprint (arXiv:1706.02574).
I plan to attend the following events:
- Critical phenomena for random matrices and integrable systems, Château de Limelette, Belgium, June 14-15 2017.
- Workshop on Operator Theory, Complex Analysis, and Applications 2017, Lisbon, July 3-6 2017.
- Foundations of Computational Mathematics, Barcelona, July 10-19 2017.
- School on Orthogonal Polynomials in approximation theory and mathematical physics, Madrid, October 23-27 2017.
You can also reach me at:
Departamento de Matemática - FCUL
Campo Grande, 1749-016 Lisboa