Artifical Intelligence. Machine Learning. Neuro-Symbolic AI. Statistical Learning. Healthcare. Relational Learning. Human in the Loop. Deep Learning. Probabilistic Deep Models
I am currently a PostDoc under Prof. Dr. Kristian Kersting in TU Darmstadt.
Ph.D. in Computer Science from University of Texas, Dallas (Advisor : Professor Sriraam Natarajan -- StARLinG lab). My PhD thesis focused on learning effective models from noisy, heterogeneous and multi-relational healthcare data.
Master of Science (MS) in Computer Science from Indiana University, Bloomington. (My master's thesis focused on creating novel features from galaxy images for spiral shape detection under Prof. David Crandall.)
Email: devendra.dhami [at] cs.tu-darmstadt [dot] de ; Phone: +49 1523 7919 263
Research interests: Artificial Intelligence ● Machine Learning ● Data Science ● ML in healthcare ● Probabilistic Deep Models ● Human-in-the-loop Deep learning ● Graphical Models ● Knowledge Graphs ● Scaling in Probabilistic Logic models.
My Bachelors was completed from Sir MVIT Bangalore (@Visvesvaraya Technological University) with a gold medal and an academic excellence award. Prior to pursuing graduate studies, I have worked with Hewlett-Packard. I also write short stories as a hobby and am also an avid reader. I am currently reading Understanding Machine Learning: From Theory to Algorithms by Shai Ben-David and Shai Shalev-Shwartz. I am also reading A Pale Blue Dot by Carl Sagan.
1. Electronics Publishing Editor: Journal of Artificial Intelligence Research (JAIR)
2. Proceedings Chair: SDM 2020
3. Editorial Board: Frontiers in Artificial Intelligence
4. PC member: Pacific Symposium on Biocomputing 2019,2020,2021; IJCAI 2020; SDM 2020,2021; AAAI 2021, UAI 2021
5. Reviewer (Journal): Big Data Journal, Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery (DAMI), Journal of Artificial Intelligence Research (JAIR), Machine Learning Journal (MLJ)
6. Reviewer (Conference): CoDS-COMADS 2020
7. Volunteer: ICDE 2020
8. REU Mentor: Mentored 2 undergraduate researchers for Indiana University's Proactive Health Informatics "Research experiences for Undergraduates (REU) program"
I am the new Electronics Publishing Editor for Journal of Artificial Intelligence Research (JAIR).
Our paper 'The Curious Case of Stacking Boosted Relational Dependency Networks' is accepted to I Can't Believe It's Not Better (ICBINB) workshop@NeurIPS as a spotlight presentation.
Our paper 'Human-Guided Learning of Column Networks: Knowledge Injection for Relational Deep Learning' is accepted to ACM India CODS-COMAD 2021.
Our paper 'Knowledge Intensive Learning of Generative Adversarial Networks' received the best paper award at KiML workshop@KDD.
The paper 'Knowledge Intensive Learning of Generative Adversarial Networks' is accepted to the KiML workshop@KDD.
I am in the editorial board for 'Frontiers in Artificial Intelligence'.
I have graduated with a PhD and will be joining TU Darmstdat as a Postdoc in September 2020.