2020 New Frontiers
I decided to take on A.J. Juliani's Blogging Challenge and to put it on this website instead of Blogger. Not that I don't like Blogger, but wanted to use this to explore writing and blogging-- not feeling obligated or restricted to just blog about school, but about other things that catch my attention.
During Nanowrimo, I write a word count, this time, I'm going to write minutes..... I'll start with 30, but want to increase that to 1 hour. After reading Leigh Bardugo, I'm inspired to write daily and she started with 15 minutes a day.
Here's her post--- she's much more inspirational and eloquent than I.
Excerpt from her wise words. Check her out!!
BAYMTGO—Begin As You Mean to Go On
Ten years ago, on January 1, 2010, I committed to spending just a few minutes working on the novel I was trying to write, a story about a girl named Alina and a dark territory known as the Shadow Fold. I didn't set a big goal, just a small one, and I've tried to do that every year since—spend a few minutes on the first day of the year devoting just fifteen minutes (yes, just 15) to something I want to do more of in the New Year. I call it BAYMTGO—Begin As You Mean to Go On—and, if you're up for it, I hope you'll join me on January 1, 2020 to continue the tradition.
Wishing you love and monsters in 2020,
Here's what A.J. suggested:
My 2020 Blogging Goals
- Write or create a video everyday
- Publish two pieces of content a week on a schedule (Sunday and Thursday)
- Incorporate video and audio into my blog (YouTube series and Podcast)
30 Days of Blogging is a 30-day challenge designed to help you (and me) get a jump start on blogging in 2020. It will help you get motivated, share your writing, and finally blog as often as you’ve wanted to!
Ready to get started? Read below to get all the details:
- Write/create ____ words/minutes per day, every day for 30 days (you choose the amount)
- Publish ____ posts/videos per week (again you choose the amount)
- If you miss a day, pick up where you left off. Don’t make up for lost days.
How it works
- Leave a comment with your 2020 blogging goals and your blog/website/youtube/podcast URL.
- Write every day, and record your progress
- Sign up for daily email updates (if you haven’t already) to get writing tips and prompts via email.