Questions to ask when receiving a placement
You just received a call about a placement in your home. What do you do now?
Here are the top 20 questions to ask when receiving a placement.
Some Things You Need To Know
- Why is the child Coming into foster care?
- lf child is being moved, why? How many placements has the child experienced?
- Child's full name (and what he/she likes to be called.) D.O.B. & SSN
- Who is the child's Case Manager and what is their phone number? Supervisor & phone number.
- What is the plan for the child?
- What kind of abuse/neglect has the child experienced? Specifically, has the child been Sexually abused?
- Can he/she be placed in a room with another child?
- Is this child currently feeling upset or traumatized? Why?
- Does the child have a history dif emotional or behavior problems? What specifically?
- Does this child See a therapist/counselor? Or does he/she need to see one? Should make an appointment?
- Is the child involved with other agencies? Probation, ILP, etc
- Does this child need to See a doctor within the next few days? Who is the doctor?
- Does this child have Medicaid? Are the card and/or number available?
- Does the child have Special needs?
- Does the child have any allergies? Special dietary needs?
- Does child take any medications? Is the medication with the Child?
- Does the child have a special toy? Is he/she bringing significant belongings?
- Who does child visit? When & Where?
- What kind and how frequent is contact allowed? Telephone?
- Who is this child attached to?