Child Nutrition Services

The Child Nutrition Program is responsible for the administration of the National School Lunch Program, School Breakfast Program, and Afterschool Snack Program. These programs provide nutritious meals and snacks for students not only in Decatur County, but throughout the state of Tennessee. 100 % of the public schools in Tennessee are on the National School Lunch Program.

The following are benefits of the Child Nutrition Program:

>Benefit to parents: an economical way to provide a significant amount of the student's daily nutritional requirements.

>Benefit to teachers: an increase in the student's willingness and ability to learn.

>Benefit to schools: as an integral part of education, it contributes substantially to the health and well-being of students.

Please click links below for more information:

USDA Nondiscrimination Statement

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English. To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by: (1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights 1400 Independence Avenue, SW Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; (2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or (3) email: This institution is an equal opportunity provider.