Currency | Stamps | Notes
A study or collection of Coins & Banknotes
Debjeet Mukherjee is a keen numismatist, having a decent collection of old and rare coins.
- Republic India commemorative coins.
- Foreign coins bearing important dates.
- Commemorative coins of USSR and USA.
- Coins from Nazi Germany.
The two oldest and rarest coins in collection are:
- Germany Half Mark 1905 Silver Coin (Berlin Mint A).
- Germany 50 Pfennig 1920 Silver Coin (Berlin Mint A).
Contact for purchases. Serious buyers and/or numismatists only.
Republic India Commemorative Coins
Commemorative coins of India are usually issued to celebrate some special occasion, event or as a mark of respect towards some distinguished individuals or monument.
Till 2015, about 145 commemorative coins have been issued by RBI out of which Debjeet Mukherjee has 143! One rare commemorative coin includes the 1996 Two Rupee coin of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose which was wrongly minted in 1996 instead of 1997 on occasion of his Centenary Birth Anniversary.
Foreign Coins bearing important dates
Coins of UK, Germany, France, USA, Canada, USSR, Middle East, Africa, Japan, South East Asia and neighbouring countries of India bearing important dates between 1946 and 2008. These coins have been collected keeping in mind the specific year it was minted which directly coincides with an important event associated with that country in that particular mint year.
- UK One Penny 1946.
- Bhutan 1/2 Rupee 1950.
- East Pakistan 25 Paisa 1970.
- Israel 25 Agorot 1972.
- Japan 10 Yen 1989.
Commemorative Coins of USSR and USA
Includes the first three Commemorative One Rubles of USSR depicting the statesmanship of Lenin and the then Communist Party of Soviet Union, and some modern Commemorative Quarter Dollar of USA from 1999 to 2016.
Coins of Nazi Germany
The coins from Nazi Germany are between the period 1937 and 1944. One can clearly identify the economic conditions of Germany pre and post WW2 just by looking at the coins when arranged in a set.
- The Indian banknotes consists of various Re.1, Rs. 2, 5, 10, 20, 50 and 100 denomination currency from 1990s to early 2000s signed by various RBI Governors of India.
- The foreign banknotes include currency from USA, Switzerland, Russia, Singapore, Thailand, South Korea and neighbouring countries of India.
A study or collection of Postage Stamps.
- A rare 1940 stamp of Adolf Hitler ! and a few stamps from UK, Japan.
- Indian stamps include two pairs of stamps commemorating Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose and Swami Vivekananda apart from a few other dignitaries.