Debjeet Mukherjee is a post graduate student of economics at the University of Calcutta. Literature and reading has always been an indispensable part of his curriculum. He has been writing for almost a decade now, constantly improving the outlook and reach of his works to national and international audiences through online magazines and competitions. Due to his fascination for historical events, Debjeet Mukherjee is also a keen numismatist. Occasional photography while on vacation and tours may also qualify as one of his hobbies. An introvert by nature but prolific in the love for his passion to follow an artistic mind full of creative ideas, his works are sure to create a lasting impression on any generation as he pens down abstract feelings of life that is relatable through myriad experiences in people.
- Commendable Mention for his first short story, "A Rural Coincidence" at the Wingword Short Story Prize 2017 organized by Delhi Poetry Slam.
- Honorable Mention for his winning entry, "Two Birds" at the International Photography Awards 2017 under Non-Pro Nature - Wildlife Category.
- Debut international poetry e-book "VOYAGES Volume I – A Collection of Poetry", self-published in 2018 by Notion Press, reviewed and rated Five Stars by Readers' Favorite, USA and garnered positive feedback from authors, bloggers and book reviewers around the world.
- "VOYAGES Volume I – A Collection of Poetry" also received a Gold Star at TheBookDesigner.com's September 2018 e-Book Cover Design Awards.
- Internationally acclaimed short story, "The Farewell" shortlisted at the Wordweavers India Short Story 2018 Contest.
- Currently working on "VOYAGES Volume II - A Collection of Short Stories" scheduled for a fall 2019 release.
- University of Calcutta.
- St. Paul's Cathedral Mission College, Kolkata.
- St. Xavier's Institution, Panihati.
- WWA Cossipore English School, Kolkata.