Davie County Historical and Genealogical Society
Davie County, North Carolina
SOCIETY: The Davie County Historical and Genealogical Society meets in the Martin-Wall History Room of the Davie County Public Library in Mocksville, on the fourth Thursday at 7 PM; see schedule below. The society often arranges guest speakers or field trips. New members and visitors are always welcome. ByLaws.
MEMBERSHIP: Annual Membership in the society costs $5.00 per person or family and entitles one to receive the quarterly newsletter, Davie Dossier. Lifetime membership is $100. We are 501 (c) (3) and donations are tax deductible. Send check to DCHGS, 371 North Main Street, Mocksville NC 27028. Include name, mailing address, and email address.
ITEMS FOR SALE: sixteen books and four maps about Davie County are available for purchase. Order Form .
MEETINGS FOR 2018:
- January 25, Bring item related to Valentine’s Day
- February 22, Field Trip to Register of Deeds Office, Brent Shoaf, Registrar
- March 22, Floods of July 1916, Western North Carolina video, and discussion of Davie County flooding
- April 26, Speaker: Ed Southern, The Race to the Dan: The Retreat that Won the Revolution
- May 5, Help with Daniel Boone Festival
- June 28, Marcia Phillips describes her book, Davie County Mavericks
- September 27, Robert Alvin Crum presents program about his direct ancestor, Daniel Boone
- October 25, Marie Craig presents program about World War One based on her book, Davie County in World War One
- November 29, Jane McAllister presents program about Davie County Public Library History Room; refreshments served
WEBSITES FOR RESEARCH:
- Davie County GenWeb
- Davie County Public Library
- FamilySearch wiki for Davie County
- FindAGrave for Davie County
- FamilySearch catalog for Davie County
Webmaster: Marie Craig, created 3 January 2018