Dave & Robyn
New York Celebration
As we sat down to plan our special day, we decided what would be most meaningful to us is to have an intimate family wedding, followed by a wedding celebration tour in out home states. And we would be honored if you would join in celebrating with us at a cocktail reception in the Big Apple!
- Date: Saturday, June 16, 2018
- Location: The Wine Garden at City Vineyard - Pier 26, Manhattan
- Time: 7:30-10:30pm
- Attire: Summer party festive!
- Hashtag: #HappilyEverChessman
City Vineyard is located at 233 West Street, along the Hudson River bike path.
Cross the West Side Highway at North Moore street, then turn right towards Pier 26. Watch for bikers as you cross the bike path!
The party will be in the Wine Garden on the ground level.
We have everything we need, and your presence is your gift to us. However we recognize some choose to observe the custom of gift giving. We are registered at the following site, or alternately would be honored if you would consider making a donation to two organizations that are dear to us:
- One Year Lease - https://www.oneyearlease.org/ Over the years Dave has served as Sound Designer and friend to this innovate theater company.
- Manhattan Community Boathouse: http://www.manhattancommunityboathouse.org/ Robyn is a volunteer and kayak instructor for this organization that helps provide free kayaking on the Hudson River each summer.
On December 31, 2009, Dave gave Robyn her headset for an event they were both working on at New York City Hall. They worked (and flirted) with each other at various events in the years that followed, until Dave started traveling more frequently for events and Robyn went to Scotland for grad school. Then in the summer of 2014, Robyn decided to move to the Upper West Side and Dave welcomed her to his neighborhood with dinner at the local bar. While the move failed (bad apartment, long story), it kindled a spark, and several months later they began dating. Two and a half years, and a move to Tarrytown later, Dave proposed on a beach in Cape Cod on Labor Day weekend of 2017.
We do not have a hotel block but a number of guests are staying at the World Center Hotel and Club Quarters Hotel (They're the same place with two entrances.)
The night before the ceremony we will be having a drink with some friends and family at the View of the World Terrace Club at the hotels.
We expect to be there about 9pm
Feel free to join us.