WHAT IS MEDICARE PART C?
Also referred to as Medicare Advantage, these plans include Original Medicare Parts A & B benefits; many also include additional coverage for prescription drug, vision, hearing and dental care.
WHAT IS MEDICARE PART D?
Prescription drug coverage, also known as Part D, helps beneficiaries pay for covered prescription drugs, with preferred pharmacies offering better value.
THE VALUE OF DENTAL INS.
Good dental care is important to your overall health. You know that, but do you know that Medicare does not cover dental services? That means dental bills for things like routine cleanings, fillings, crowns, bridges, dentures and root canals have the potential to take a bite out of your savings. A dental policy can help you get the care you need.
Find your Medicare Supplement Insurance plan
While Medicare Parts A and B (also called “Original Medicare”) cover some health care costs, they don’t pay for everything. That’s where a Medicare Supplement Policy, may help. Medicare supplement insurance plans (also called “Medigap”) from private insurers complement your Medicare coverage. These plans help cover some of your out-of-pocket expenses not paid by Medicare.
Standardized Medicare supplement insurance plan (Medigap) benefits are set by the federal government. That means the basic benefit structure for each plan is the same, no matter which insurance company is selling it to you.
- A choice of plans to meet your needs and budget now and in the future.
- You're able to keep your own doctor without network restrictions, as long as they accept Medicare patients.
- Coverage goes with you when you travel in the U.S.
- You are guaranteed coverage for life. **
- Rates are subject to change. Any change will apply to all members of the same class insured under your plan who reside in your state.
- You may visit any specialist who accepts Medicare patients without a referral.
"My agent made the difficult choices seem easy, and no pressure whatsoever. He treated me like family and I would recommend to all my friends and neighbors." - Dotty P. Big Spring TX
The benefits of a Medicare supplement plan.
All Medicare supplement plans provide these basic benefits:
- Part A coinsurance and hospital costs (up to an additional 365 days after Medicare benefits are used)
- Medicare Part B coinsurance or copayment
- Cost of blood transfusions (first 3 pints)
- Part A hospice/respite care coinsurance or copayment
Some plans may also provide additional benefits including:
- Skilled nursing facility coinsurance or copayment
- Part A deductible ($1340 in 2018)
- Part B deductible ($183 in 2018)
- Part B Excess Charges1
- Foreign travel emergency (up to plan limits)2
Benefits and cost vary depending on the plan you choose.
You pay a monthly premium and some out-of-pocket costs.
Medicare supplements are used to fill in the gaps in Original Medicare. Private insurance companies offer Plans A-N, each with a different level of coverage and price. Medicare Supplement plans MUST be accepted by any doctor/hospital that accepts Medicare. All Medicare supplement plans are standardized, meaning that a Plan F with one company has to have the exact same benefits as a Plan F with any other company.