Daniel S. Brewer
I am an experienced Trainer, Curriculum Developer, and Technical Writer specializing in Customer Service, Time Management, Soft-skills, as well as customer supporting software, procedures, and policies. Able to see problems from each customer's unique perspective and address solutions from their viewpoint. I am eager to partner with high-integrity organizations that seek and value customer advocacy and want to "raise the bar" in customer service excellence.
- Training, Learning and Development
- Customer Service, Loyalty, and Experience
- Training Delivery – Public Speaking / Lecturing
- Microsoft Office Expert (with Project and Visio)
- Project Management, Team Management
- SnagIt, Camtasia, Captivate and Acrobat
- Technical Writing - Software Documentation
- E-Learning and Instructional Development
- ADDIE, KCS, and IBSTPI methodologies
- Notary Public (Commissioned Sept. 2014)
Beaverton School District - Instructional Assistant - Special Ed. (SLC) - (September 2016 - Present)
- Providing Classroom Assistance to Middle School students with developmental delays and communication issues.
- Offering support to colleagues in several special classrooms in managing difficult behaviors. This includes classroom and meal support as well as transportation (bus) support.
Contract Technical Writer / Instructional Designer (February 2014 – Present)
- Developed technical documentation and training content for special projects and initiatives. (Most recently partnered with Umpqua Bank, NW Natural, Xerox, Suncor, and Nike.)
- Created step-by-step policy and process documentation for industry standard mortgage software. Wrote over 250 regulatory compliance, personnel training, and knowledge base documents.
- Organized material and completed writing assignments following industry guidelines.
- Compiled, created and designed programs and training procedure manuals, guides, and course materials, such as handouts or visual materials to help workers learn, maintain or improve job skills.
- Collaborated with engineers and subject matter experts to become familiar with processes and product technologies. Addressed gaps, updated documents, and adjusted curriculum as needed.
Tech Learning Center - Guest Lecturer, Trainer (December 2013 – Present)
- Lecturing and training on topics such as customer service, time management, job searching, autism awareness, and other subject matter. (Catalog available at www.techlearning.us )
- Creating instructor-led training for lecture, handouts, and e-learning content for web delivery.
Yahoo! - Technical Writer / Help Editor / Content-Curriculum Developer (August 2008 – August 2013)
- Wrote critical web copy for urgent customer communications regarding possible breaches in account security, sudden changes in internet privacy law, and launches of mobile account related apps. These articles were viewed by over one-million customers per month.
- Led project to rewrite and reorganize all help content and email responses for several Yahoo! products. Result was a 15% increase in customer satisfaction, and 10% decrease in email volume.
- Led initiative to migrate and translate article and email responses into the inQuira Knowledge Management System (KMS). Involved translation of approx. 2000 documents into 17 languages.
- Authored and managed Help knowledge articles and responses for customers requiring email or chat support.
Stream International (August 1995 – August 2008) [now Convergys]
- Training Manager (September 2006 – August 2008)
- Supervised a team of 11 trainers and support staff to develop and deliver all training and staff planning to a contact center of 1200 agents representing 12 different clients. Managed training and personnel budget.
- Designed a training/launch plan to ramp 400 agents to begin taking technical calls to support HP desktop hardware in eight weeks’ time. The project plan became a model for future large ramp-ups.
- Managed training budget to ensure team growth, improve training environment, and maximum return on investments.
- Senior Trainer (August 2000 – September 2006)
- Designed, prepared, and delivered course materials, teaching aids, skill evaluations, and final assessments for coursework covering topics from soft-skills, to hardware support, to networking support for high-profile computer hardware and software companies.
- Developed world-wide training curriculum for Customer Service. Ultimately delivered to 30,000 agents in 20 contact centers worldwide. Training delivered through classroom, train-the-trainer, video conferencing, webinars, lunch-break sessions, and Q&A.
- Taught over 100 modules to senior leaders, managers, and prospective site leaders, as the site’s certified trainer for Franklin Covey disciplines and Achieve Global leadership courses.
- Delivered curriculum to certify hiring managers to conduct Performance Based Interviews (PBI).
- Senior Team Manager (June 1999 - August 2000)
- Managed phone agents and managers for 350 agents supporting computer hardware and software.
- Led initiative to improve quality scores over a period of 6 months. Increased customer satisfaction by 35% and maintained increase for over a year.
- Technical Development Lead (August 1996-June 1999)
- Supported operating system and networking hardware and software, via phone, email, and chat.
- Created and compiled quick-reference resource materials for front-line agents. Increased team-wide efficiency and reduced call times by over one minute per call.
Education & Certification
- Notary Public – Commissioned by State of Oregon - September, 2014
- Toastmasters International – Advanced Communicator/Leader Bronze level (ACB/ALB), Aug. 2016
- Portland State University – History, Communications
- Certified Franklin Covey Facilitator – 5 Choices, What Matters Most, Project Management, 7 Habits
- Certified Technical Trainer (CTT+) - 2007
- Oregin Intervention Systems (OIS) - Certified October 2016
- Webmaster and Blogger –
- High-Tech Networking Group – Worksource Oregon - Guest Lecturer and Key Volunteer (2013-Present)
- Imagine Possibilities (2009-Present) – Key Volunteer - Led several fundraising endeavors
- Oregon Road Runners Club - Volunteer (1993 - Present) (Past-President, Board Member, Race Director)
- Portland Basketball Officials Association (1979 - 2007) – Basketball Official, Evaluation Chair