I am a limited-term assistant professor in the Department of Computer Science at Kennesaw State University. I earned a Ph.D. in the Department of Computer Science at Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey. My advisor is Prof. Vinod Ganapathy. The primary focus of my research is computer security and my current specific research interests include mobile systems and security.
- "Seeing is believing: Sharing Real-time Traffic Images via Vehicular Clouds," Daehan Kwak, Ruilin Liu, Daeyoung Kim, Badri Nath and Liviu Iftode, In IEEE Access, 2016.
- "Regulating ARM TrustZone Devices in Restricted Spaces," Ferdinand Brasser, Daeyoung Kim, Christopher Liebchen, Vinod Ganapathy, Liviu Iftode, and Ahmad-Reza Sadeghi, In the Proceedings of the ACM International Conference on Mobile Systems, Applications, and Services (MobiSys), June 2016.
- "Detecting Plagiarized Mobile Apps using API Birthmarks," Daeyoung Kim, Amruta Gokhale, Vinod Ganapathy, and Abhinav Srivastava, In Journal of Automated Software Engineering, Springer, December 2016.
- "DoppelDriver: Counterfactual Actual Travel Times for Alternative Routes," Daehan Kwak, Daeyoung Kim, Ruilin Liu, Badri Nath and Liviu Iftode, In the Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Pervasive Computing and Communications (PerCom), March 2015.
- "Tweeting Traffic Image Reports on the Road," Daehan Kwak, Daeyoung Kim, Ruilin Liu, Badri Nath and Liviu Iftode, In Proceedings of the International Conference on Mobile Computing, Applications and Services (MobiCase), November 2014.
- "Data-Driven Inference of API Mappings," Amruta Gokhale, Daeyoung Kim and Vinod Ganapathy, In Proceedings of the Workshop on Programming for Mobile and Touch (PROMOTO), October 2014.
- "A practical way to provide perfect forward secrecy for secure e-mail protocols", Sangjin Kim, Changyoung Lee, Daeyoung Kim, Heekuck Oh, In Proceedings of the International Conference on Distributed Computing and Internet technology, Springer, December 2007
- "A privacy protecting UMTS AKA protocol providing perfect forward secrecy", Daeyoung Kim, Younggang Cui, Sangjin Kim, Heekuck Oh, In Proceedings of the International Conference on Computational Science and Its Applications, August 2007
Teaching assistant, Rutgers University, Fall 2012 - Summer 2014
- Data Structures (CS112), Fall 2013, Spring 2014, and Summer 2014
- Introduction to Computer Science (CS111), Fall 2012, Spring 2013, and Summer 2013
- Research Associate at HP Labs Security & Cloud lab, Princeton, New Jersey, May 2015 - August 2015
- Software Engineer at SK Communications, Seoul, Korea, February 2007 - March 2011
- E-mail: daeyoung.kim at rutgers.edu