Do your best!
Improtant Upcoming Dates
11-14 Pine Mountain Camp Out, FDR Park 19th Popcorn sale, Dacula Kroger, 9 AM - 1 PM 19th Tiger/Lion and Cub Fun day 26 Advance-a-rama, 10 AM - 2 PM, Tribble Mill Park 20th Leader Meeting, Kroger Starbucks, 5 PM 28 October Pack Meeting, Dacula HS commons, 7 PM
8-10 Fall Family Camp Out, Victoria Bryant
16 Hamilton Mill UMC Pantry, Serve the needy, 9 AM -12 PM
17th Leader Meeting - 5 PM Kroger Starbuck
***for full schedule see pack agenda below**
Den Leader Connection - September
Den 1 Lions:
Tiger Den 2
Wolf Den 11/12/16:
Bear Den 4:
Webelos Den 14/15: 26th Advance-a-rama - First responder, Cast Iron chef, Stronger/faster, and Walkabout
Arrow of Light Den 5/6: 26th Outdoorsman, Better world
2020 Pack 530 Pinewood Derby!
January 25th, Prospect UMC
If you’ve heard stories of aptly colorful Cub Scout banquets and never really understood what all the buzz was about, this post is for you. So what is a blue and gold banquet? Most Cub Scouts celebrate Scouting Anniversary Week in February with a “birthday party” called the blue and gold banquet… It brings families together for an evening of fun and cheer. It’s often the pack meeting for February. Blue and gold banquets are a tradition within packs, celebrating the leaders and parents who volunteer to make Cub Scouting fantastic. Sometimes former pack members return to blue and gold banquets. Often special Scouting or community leaders are invited to attend or speak to Cub Scouts in attendance. Some packs also use the banquet as a chance to celebrate the accomplishments of Scouts, themselves. A pack meeting can be used to host a blue and gold banquet. But sometimes the banquet is a separate event. One misconception is that blue and gold banquets are intended to celebrate the Boy Scouts of America’s birthday (Feb. 8). And while the BSA’s birthday may be an additional reason to host the banquet, the theme of the day is celebrating the pack’s anniversary and everyone involved in making Scouting possible for members of the pack. There’s no lack of clarity on this, however: blue and gold banquets, from small to large, bring on creative decor, exciting entertainment, and delicious food.
Pack Agenda 2019-2020
Thanks for joining Pack 530 !
Where does all the fun take place???
● Pack Meetings are held on the fourth Monday of the month at Dacula High School. 123 Broad street, Dacula in the commons area.
● Dens usually meet twice a month at a time and location determined by the den leader. ● We schedule several optional monthly events, including camp-outs and outings. (Dates provided in advance.) Scoutbook ● Join by going to scoutbook.com and sign up as Pack 530.
● The best way for us to determine scout progress online - as parents, you can keep up with your scouts achievements and what they may still need to work on.
● Allows us to communicate. Throughout the year we will be sending email blasts via Scoutbook to reach all parents and leaders. Keep an eye out for emails from scoutbook!
● Allows us to answer questions and receive feedback. Leaving messages here allow us to communicate with in the pack.
Uniforms and Handbooks
● Make sure to purchase your scouts handbook before your first den meeting! The handbooks are rank specific (lion, tiger, wolf, bear, and webelos). They may be purchased at the scout stores in Lawrenceville or in Jefferson.
● Uniforms are essential in showing inclusion to your scouts in the cub scout community! You will need to purchase: 1. Lions - Lion T-Shirt. Hat optional.
2. Tiger / Wolf Bear - Blue “Class A” shirt, neckerchief for your level, slide, and blue belt (for adventure loops). Hat and blue pants optional.
3. Webelos - Tan “Class A” shirt, neckerchief, slide, and green belt. Green pants and hat optional.
Don’t forget your District, pack and den patches!
Ask for help at the store!
Uniform Locations: Lawrenceville 203 Swanson Drive Lawrenceville, GA 30040
Phone: 706-693-2446 Fax: 770-962-8004 Jefferson 148 Boy Scout Trail, Pendergrass, GA 30567 Phone: 770-962-2105
Online Training - FOR ADULT LEADERS
● Create free account my.scouting.org.
● Youth Protection Training - MUST HAVE THIS ASAP Please print certificate and give to Neil Bronaugh ● Go to my training section and enter position specific training modules
* All parents participating in Lions den meeting will need to take Youth Protection online.
Join Pack 530 on the internet!
● Scoutbook: Scoutbook.com - sign up as your scouts parent under pack 530
● Facebook: Facebook.com/groups/DaculaPack530
Guide to safe scouting: Shows what each rank is allowed and not allowed to do.
Camping: www.scouting.org/health-and-safety/gss/gss03/ Medical information: www.scouting.org/health-and-safety/ahmr - please fill out for parents and scouts before first camp out.
Online Resources ● Scout BSA www.scouting.org ● District Information www.nega-bsa.org/apalachee ● Scoutbook www.Scoutbook.com ● Our Website www.Pack530.com ● Amazon Smile - make purchases on Amazon and 0.05% of purchase price can go to Northeast Georgia Council.
Important Contacts Neil Bronaugh Cubmaster Pack 530 770-378-0122 neil.bronaugh@gmail. com
2018-2019 Cub Scout Pack 530 Calendar
14 New Parent Orientation 7 - 8 PM, Dacula High School^
24 Back to Pack Meeting 1 - 3 PM, Little Mulberry Park*
September, 2019 7
Food Shelter 8-11 AM Hamilton Mill United Methodist
12 District Roundtable - all leaders invited, 7 PM Collins Hill @
21 First Pack Meeting/Welcome 5-7 PM, Little Mulberry Park*
? Webelos Woods, Lake Lanier, Scoutland on Lake Lanier &
28 Popcorn Show-n-Sell Dacula Walmart 9 - 1 PM
11-14 FDR Park, Pine Mountain, GA$
10 District Roundtable 7 PM, All leader invited, 7 PM Collins Hill @
19 Popcorn Show-n- sell, Dacula Kroger 9 - 1 PM
? Tiger Fun Day 9-12 PM, Buford Presbyterian Church ?
Cub Fun Day 12-3 PM, Buford Presbyterian Church
26 Advance-a-rama 10 AM - 2 PM, Tribble Mill Park#
28 Pack Meeting 7 PM, Dacula High School ^
2 End of popcorn sales
8-10 Fall Pack Campout, Victoria Brant Park !
14 District Roundtable 7 PM, All leader invited, 7 PM Collins Hill @
14 Please have all monies turned in from Popcorn Sales
16 Food Shelter 8-11 AM Hamilton Mill United Methodist
12 District Roundtable 7 PM, All leader invited, 7 PM Collins Hill @
12 Last day to order prizes
16 Christmas Party/Pack Meeting 7 PM, Dacula High School ^
Pending January Monthly Activity
10 District Roundtable 7 PM, All leader invited, 7 PM Collins Hill @
18 Falcon’s Nest Food Drive Dacula Kroger
25 Pinewood Derby/Pack Meeting, Prospect Methodist Church = Check in 9 AM, Races 12 PM
Pending February Monthly Activity
13 District Roundtable 7 PM, All leaders invited, 7 PM Collins Hill @
22 Blue/Gold Banquet, Pack Meeting 6 PM, Prospect Methodist Church =
Pending March Monthly Activity
12 District Roundtable 7 PM, All leaders invited, 7 PM Collins Hill @
13-15 March Family Camp Out, Location Pending
23 Pack meeting 7 PM, Dacula High School ^
April, 2020 4
Hike at Elachee Nature Center 10 AM +
9 District Roundtable 7 PM, All leaders invited, 7 PM Collins Hill @
13 April Monthly Activity
27 Pack Meeting 7 PM, Dacula High School ^
9 Crossover Ceremony/Camp Out Tribble Mill # Rank Graduation dates Bobcat - November Camp Out Webelos II (AOL) - TBA
Tiger, Wolf, Bear, and Webelos I - May Crossover Ceremony
Legend ^ Dacula High School 123 Broad St, Dacula, GA 30019 * Little Mulberry Park 3855 Fence Rd NE, Dacula, GA 30019 & Scoutland at Lanier 3685 Looper Lake Rd, Gainesville, GA 30506 ! Victoria Bryant State Park 1105 Bryant Park Rd, Royston, GA 30662 @ Collins Hill High School 50 Taylor Rd, Suwanee, GA 30024 # Tribble Mill Park 2125 Tribble Mill Parkway, Lawrenceville, GA $ FDR Park 2970 Georgia Highway 190 Pine Mountain, GA 31822 + Elachee Nature Center 2125 Elachee Drive, Gainesville, GA 30504 = Prospect United Methodist Church 1549 Prospect Rd, Lawrenceville, GA