Guilford High School - English 12
- Course Syllabus here
- Google Classroom will be used for Daily Poetry and all Assignment postings - Classroom Code: pzd8r7
- Sign up for the Remind app text message communication: text "@CzEng12" to 81010
Q1 Project - Personal Statement
- How can we create a self-description (profile) that influences others see us in the best possible light?
- Utilize literary devices in a personal statement to create a "hire-worthy" personal statement.
Literary Content: Early British Literature
- Defining British Literature, "Hero"
- Anglo-Saxon Literature
Q2 Project -
Literary Content: Middle Ages British Literature
- Definining Middles Ages Literature, "Honor"
- Canterbury Tales - Prologue, Wife of Bath's Tale, Pardonner's Tale
- Robin Hood
- Sir Gawain and the Green Knight
Q3 Project -
Literary Content: Renaissance British Literature
- Definining Renaissance Literature, revisit Hero & Honor
- Shakespeare Sonnets
- Reading and Writing Literary Criticism
- Socratic Seminar
Q4 Project -
Literary Content: British Authors 1660-1960
- Revisit definition of British Literature
- Independent Study, Author Presentation Project
- Summative Reflections