Mobile Data Collection
Activity #1 My maps mobile
Use the instructions below for either Android or OS phones and tablets
1. Install the My Maps Mobile app on your Android phone/tablet, or install the Google Maps app on your OS phone/tablet
2. Open one of your My Maps created during the previous activities.
3. If you have an Android phone or tablet edit your My Map. If you have an OS phone or tablet, view your My Map using Google Maps and see what you can do (get driving directions, use Street View, etc.)
My Maps for Android users
My Maps for iPhones and iPads
Activity #2 for Brownfields Inventory Tool (BIT) Users
Use the instructions below for either Android or OS phones and tablets. For help using BIT on your laptop and setting up your account click here.
1. Install the KSU BIT Mobile app on your phone or tablet (it works on both Android and OS devices).
2. Sign into your BIT account.
3. Look at the information for one of your sites, look at the map.
4. Think about how you might use the BIT Mobile app in your own work.