The National Police and Sheriff's Summit on emerging Electric Vehicle technology
TO PROTECT AND SERVE
IMAGE: CWU police posted in front of Black Hall.
Questions answered at this conference include:
Will there be a new class of "climate crime" in the future? What would that mean? How would you build a case?
Will all cars be Autonomous in the future? Will there be special-access "Human Driver" roadways, just like there are still trails you can ride a horse on? What would a future of autonomous drivers mean for Traffic Citations?
DOES IT CATCH FIRE?
How do you recognize EV prejudice in the police?
Approved training activities:
• Information on Emergency Response to EV incidents
• Information on how departments should be adopting EVs and transitioning away from antiquated technologies like Gasoline and Hybrid vehicles
• Discussions / debates between Gas-heads in the police, and EV adopters like the Fremont Chief of Police.
• Pursuit / Evade tactics and demonstrations using battery EVs
• Information on Hydrogen vehicles