Women's Chat Mags:
A Few Examples
Women's Chat Mags: Some Front Page Examples
These are just a fraction of the front pages of the most popular women's chat mags. These photos range from 2006 to the present day but some of these magazines have been publishing since 1985. They're adult in their content yet no attempt is ever made by the newsagents to cover these magazines up and they are displayed on the bottom shelves (often next to the children's comics) at a child's eye-level, of supermarkets and local stores all across the country.
Their content is a mixture of puppies and paedos, cute kittens and sadistic rapists, light-hearted trivia and horrific sex-murders. They make money by selecting stories that focus on topics like child abuse, murder, torture, incest and rape. The men feature in their selected stories only serve as examples of sadistic evil and the females and children are portrayed as helpless victims. And they sell millions of magazines every year.
Capitals used in the following text are the same as those used in their headline covers, so you can see where they want to draw your attention.
Some 2017 front covers of women's chat magazines - "all packed with real-life stories".
All about rapists, child abuse and torturing your granny until she begs to die.
Chat: January 2017
- HUNTED BY A MONSTER - Vicious rapist's murder diary
Real People: January 2017
- SKEWERED AND ROASTED ON DREAM HOLIDAY
- Pregnancy Horror! My BOOB CUT OFF at 8 months.
Love It: January 2017
- I'LL TORTURE YOUR NANA UNTIL SHE BEGS TO DIE! (with the word TORTURE highlighted in red so you can't miss it)
This has been going on since 1985. If you think these horrific headlines are a recent development, take a look at the women's chat magazine front pages further down this page - they're from over a decade ago and they're just as bad
Battered and dead babies often feature in these womens chat mags, presumably to encourage women to buy the magazine.
Love it: December 2017
- "He flushed his lover down the toilet and made a NECKLACE with her TEETH"
- RAPED by the GROOM at my best friends wedding
That's Life: December 2017
- He KICKED my BUMP and KILLED our BABY (He changed his mind 5 days before due date.)
Pick Me Up: December 2017
- KILLED AS HER BABIES SLEPT
Pick Me Up: August 2013
- LURED TO HER DEATH - BY A KILLER WITH A CRUSH
- PAEDO'S SICK LIE: "ALL DADDIES DO THIS..."
Real People: ("100% True") August 2013
- CANNIBAL SON FEASTED ON OUR NEIGHBOURS
- MAGGOTS burrowed into my HEAD
Chat: August 2013
- BLOODBATH. 331 wounds in a crazed knife frenzy
- BLINDED BY EVIL EX
- My evil ex broke in and RAPED me
- HACKED TO BITS in the bath
Chat (The Very Best Of) August 2013
- TORTURED BY MY LOVER with a meat cleaver
- Why I shot my dad dead
Chat: August 2014
- EATEN ALIVE AS I GAVE BIRTH...
- BEATEN, RAPED, TERRORISED - EVERY DAY WAS HELL
- Pregnant & doused in lighter fuel - "You cant stop me!" he'd taunt.
That's Life: February 2017
- I BEGGED my OWN SON to get me PREGNANT
- Dad ABUSED me with a hot CURLING TONG
"GO ON, PUNCH MUMMY"
Chat Mag from June 2006
They were no better in the previous decades, either...
Chat: June 2006 "Your smart real-life read"
- Please mum, LET THEM CUT OFF MY LEGS
- GO ON, PUNCH MUMMY!
Chat: June 2008 "Your smart real-life read"
- Uncle Evil's 17 SICK SEX ACTS
- HELL on the PIG FARM - This swine fed 6 victims to the animals
Chat: August 2010 "Life! Death! Prizes!"
- SADIST tried to suck my eye out... Then he SNAPPED my arm
Domestic violence presented as a relaxing coffee-break distraction for women
Not-so-smiling ladies on the covers
In order to maximise their appeal to females, women's chat magazines usually have a happy smiling woman's face on the front cover, contrasting harshly with the horror of their headlines.
But not always. These two examples of bloodied and beaten faces are from Pick Me Up magazine, 13 July 2017 and 18th January 2018. Nobody really cares if children are concerned by these images - the mothers still buy them.
Young ladies, fluffy bunnies, rape victims and dead body disposal
Women's Chat magazines - Cover Photos "Bait and Switch" trick.
They almost always feature a young, fresh-faced female on their covers and sometimes they even throw in a fluffy animal to attract the kids...
Then they add these headlines...
- My fiance dropped DEAD after seeing me RAPED
- Locked up and sent to an orphanage
- My sister killed our mum and buried her in the woods
- and worst of all... Honest advice EVERY WEEK from Jeremy Kyle.
Chat Mag Spin-Offs - "Real Life" Horror from Beyond the Grave
It's not all rampant misandry. Some of the women's chat mags cash in on women's fascination for the macabre by producing extra magazines, such as seasonal specials and astrology prediction-style magazines, and yet they still claim them as "Real Life".
You can usually find these "supernatural but true" magazines right down at the bottom of the magazine racks, by the children's comics to give the young kids something to think about...
"TORTURED TO DEATH in our basement of horror"
Chat: It's Fate: January 2020
- ATTACKED BY A RAPIST GHOST
Chat: It's Fate: September 2015
- TORTURED TO DEATH In our basement of horror
- Chat: It's Fate: May 2014
- HACKED TO PIECES...in the bath!
- Have (your pets) put down - OR ELSE!
"ATTACKED BY A RAPIST GHOST"
Chat: It's Fate: August 2013
- Mum thrown 15 feet in the air BY A DEMON.
That's Life: August 2013
- My waters EXPLODED as bride said "I do"
Take A Break: August 2013
- This horror movie DREW EVIL INTO OUR HOME
Other magazines illustrate the double standards we have around sex.
It does seem rather arbitrary as to what gets hidden or taken off the shelves.
Naked women on the cover? That's ok. Best Sex Ever? Yes, that's fine, too. A Sex Issue for gay men? Go right ahead. Another sex Issue? Oh wait... The target audience is straight males? Sorry. That's a step too far. It's misogynistic. And the kids might see it. What would they think?