High School Counseling
To receive school counseling updates such as scholarship opportunities, and important meeting dates, please follow the school counseling twitter page @CUSSchoolCouns1
To receive updates via text messages:
Text class code to 81010
Enter the class code:
Class of 2019: @cus2019
Class of 2020: @cus2020
Class of 2021: @cus2021
Class of 2022: @cus2022
*Please be aware that while there is a conversations board, we do not follow conversations on remind. It is simply a tool to issue quick announcements. If you have a question or concern, please contact your student's counselor.
How to Figure out your GPA
GPA = Total Grade Points / Total Number of Grades
To find total grade points:
- Add up total number of A's and multiply by 4
- Add up total number of B's and multiply by 3
- Add up total number of C's and multiply by 2
- Add up total number of D's and multiply by 1
- Add up total number of F's and multiply by 0
- Add all of these values together to find the Total Grade Points
- Divide the Total Grade Points by the total number of grades on your transcript.
- This should give you your GPA.
- A = 93-100
- B = 85-92
- C = 75-84
- D = 70-74
- F = 0-69
Why is GPA important?
- To be eligible for the HOPE Scholarship you must have a minimum 3.0 GPA or a 21 on the ACT
- To be eligible for the dual enrollment grant at Columbia State during high school you must have a minimum 3.0 GPA.
- GPA plays a major role in college admissions decisions as well as scholarship eligibility.
- GPA can be an indicator of work ethic to prospective colleges, future employers, etc.