A Six-Day Intensive Faculty Development Program
Computational Research Techniques using MATLAB
9-14 July 2018
Organized by: E & ICT Academy, NIT Warangal
Coordinator : Dr. Hari Kumar Voruganti, Associate Professor,
Mechanical Engineering Department, NIT Warangal.
Online Registration Form [Registrations Closed!!]
**It is raining heavily in Warangal. Please bring an umbrella with you without fail. **
- CRT 2018 Photos: Updated Photos
- Halfway Feedback: Link Disabled
- Link to Arrival Information: Form
- Program start with registration at 8:30am. Inauguration at 9:30am. Venue: E&ICT Conference Hall
- Accommodation is arranged for the participants from 8th July itself. Food arranged from dinner of 8th onwards. Before that, one can pay and take food at many places in NITW.
- Download Brochure+ Registration Form [PDF]
- Highlights: Comprehensive coverage, Hand-on sessions, Exercise Problems and Outcome based approach.
Program is open and suitable for all branches of engineering and science.
- Note that fee for participants of SC/ST category is Rs.1875 for the programs of E&ICT from July 2018.
- Previous programs details on the web: CRT 2013 CRT 2016
- A relevant book costing up to Rs.500 will be given to every participant as a part of kit.
- Participants from NIT Warangal are required to seek permission from the coordinator before registration.
- Special Note:In exceptional situation, one can register in advance without uploading the soft-copy of filled registration form in which signature of the head of the institution is required. Instead, a letter seeking permission for the late submission can be uploaded. Such applications are valid but, confirmation email will be sent only after submission of the document by email (email@example.com) within a few days after the online registration.
About E&ICT Academy:
"Electronics & ICT Academy" was set up at NIT Warangal with financial assistance from MeitY, GoI. The jurisdiction of this academy is Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Goa, Puducherry and Andaman & Nicobar Islands. This academy role is to offer faculty development programmes in standardized courses and emerging areas of Electronics, Information Communication Technologies, training & consultancy services for Industry, Curriculum development for Industry, CEP for working professionals, Advice and support for technical incubation and entrepreneurial activities.
About the program and Background Note:
Availability of computational resources and the demand for faster production lead to a greater emphasis on Computer-Aided Engineering in which many engineering problems needs to be solved using a computer. This kind of computational research or problem solving requires a good background in subject matter, mathematical methods, computational skills and knowledge of a scientific computing tool like Matlab.
MATLAB is a software tool which provides the numerical computing environment and fits the bill, perfectly. It allows the users to solve variety of engineering problems and also analyze the data with rich visualization (plotting) facilities. Though it is primarily for numerical computing, there are a lot of additional facilities called toolboxes/apps for genetic algorithms, optimization, neural networks, simulations (Simulink) etc.
It has been noted that, though mathematical methods and computational tools are introduced at both UG and PG level in engineering education, somehow the background is not sufficient to conduct independent research and solve real life problems. In this context, a faculty development program on “Computational Research Techniques using MATLAB” is designed to fill these gaps and strengthen the participants with required skills to work as an independent researcher. About 50% of the time will be devoted to lab sessions on MATLAB in which participants will try and implement the mathematical methods and discover the features.
Objectives of the Course
- To train academicians and research scholars on computational tools to solve Engineering Problems.
- To provide rigorous hands-on experience to the participants, so that the participant will be able to tackle computational problems in engineering confidently after the course
Contents of the course:
1. Fundamentals of Numerical Computing and MATLAB.
2. Functions & Programming in MATLAB.
3. Numerical Linear Algebra.
4. Optimization Methods.
5. Ordinary Differential Equations.
6. Partial Differential Equations.
7. Data Modelling and Visualization.
9. Specialized Toolboxes/Apps (likely): Neural Networks, Robotics, Statistics etc.
10. Solving about 100 problems related to above topics using MATLAB.
- An Overview of the relevant mathematical methods will be given at the beginning of every topic before the Matlab content.
- A set of research case studies is also included for every topic.
Most of the content will be handled by the coordinator, Dr Hari Kumar Voruganti himself. Some more faculty members from NIT Warangal/IITs will also deliver lectures and handle lab sessions.
Faculty and Research Scholars Rs. 2500
Faculty of SC/ST Category Rs. 1875 (SC/ ST participants should submit the copy of their caste certificate to claim the concession along with application form)
Industry Participants Rs. 7500
Research Scholars are not eligible for SC/ST concession. The entire registration fee is to be collected in the form of DDs/online transfer using the following details:
DD Details: Demand Draft in favor of "Director, NIT Warangal" payable at any bank in Warangal.
Online Transfer Details:
Account Name: Electronics & ICT Academy NITW. Account No: 62423775910 IFSC: SBIN0020149
The program is open to the teachers of all Engineering Colleges, MCA Colleges and other allied disciplines. Industry personnel working in the concerned /allied discipline can also attend.
All the selected participants will be provided FREE boarding & lodging in the institute guest house. No TA will be paid for the participants.
How to apply:
1. Pay the applicable fee through online/DD according to the details given above and keep the soft-copy of the proof of payment ready.
2. Fill the registration form (PDF), take approval of the head of the institution and keep the soft-copy of the completed form ready.
3. Fill the form online as well and upload the two documents i.e., the soft-copies of proof of payment and submit registration form.
There is no need to send the hard-copy of the registration form by post but it is to be submitted in person on arrival.
Selection will be done based on first-come-first-serve basis to a maximum number of 50 (fifty). Additionally 10 participants from industry are allowed to participate. The selected participants will be intimated through e-mail within 1-3 days after the receipt of the application. Online registration portal will be closed once the capacity is full. Candidates will be issued certificates on successful completion of the course. Reservations are followed for selecting candidates as per GOI norms.
Last date for application: 29-06-2018
Course dates: 9 - 14 July, 2018
Based on the previous experience, the program is likely to attract good response. Please apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. Total seat capacity: 60 only.
Early registration will help the organizers to plan the program well.
About NIT Warangal & Department:
National Institute of Technology, Warangal is the first among 17 RECs setup as joint venture of the Government of India and the state government. Over the years the college has established itself as a premier Institute imparting technical education of a very high standard leading to the B.Tech degrees in various branches of engineering, M.Tech. and Ph.D programs in various specializations. All B. Tech and M. Tech programmes of NIT Warangal are NBA accredited.
The department of Mechanical Engineering offers a UG program, seven PG programs, and a Ph. D program as well. The department has liaison with reputed industries and R &D organizations like NFTDC, BHEL, DMRL, DRDL etc. Presently the department is handling several R & D projects and consultancy works. The department has also been recognized as QIP center for M. Tech and Ph. D.
How to reach NIT Warangal:
- Air Route: Hyderabad is the nearest Airport from Warangal. Take a train or a cab to our campus, which takes around three hours by road.
- By Rail: Kazipet (3 kms) / Warangal (12 kms) are the nearest stations. Many trains pass through Kazipet junction, which is generally preferred. Auto is preferable from both the stations to NITW. Autos are available almost 24x7 at stations.
- By Road: NIT Warangal is three hours drive by cab on Hyderabad - Warangal National Highway number-202.
Dr. Hari Kumar Voruganti, Coordinator, CRT2018,
Associate Professor, Mechanical Engineering Department, NIT Warangal-506 004.Telananga. India.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 0870-246 2378 (Lab), 0870-246 2318 (office).