Meet the Counselor: Chevelle Gilyard
Director of School Counseling6th-9th Grade CounselorPhone: 803-799-9388Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
South Carolina State University· BS - Family & Consumer Sciences Business: Concentration Child Development· MA – Rehabilitation Counseling· M. Ed. – School Counselor- Elementary/Secondary· Ed.S. - Educational Administration
Coastal Carolina UniversityCertificate· Global Career Development Facilitator
Denmark Technical CollegeCertificate· Early Childhood Development
Certification· Professional School Counselor Elementary/Secondary· School Guidance & Counseling Elementary/Secondary· Educational Leadership: Administration and Supervision
Meet the Counselor
I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself! My name is Chevelle Gilyard and I am the new school counselor for Midlands Arts Conservatory. I am so excited to be part of the MAC family.
As a School Counselor, my primary responsibility is to promote the academic, career, and social/emotional development of all students. It is important to me that I work closely with parents, caregivers, teachers, administration, and staff to ensure that your student is receiving all the support they need to guide them through these middle and high school years.
What I love most about secondary education is helping students learn more about themselves. This is a great time for students to discover their interests, develop their talents, and plan for the future. I am looking forward to meeting with students individually, in small groups, as well as delivering in class guidance sessions.
Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions or concerns, I can be reached by phone at 803-799-9388 or by email at email@example.com
As your Counselor I will...
- Teach classroom counseling lessons on a variety of topics
- Work with students individually as needed and maintain confidentiality
- Work with small groups of students with similar concerns
- Consult with teachers about the needs of individual students
- Communicate with parents and the community as student needs arise
- Coordinate referrals to community agencies
- Maintain a teacher/parent resource center in the counseling office
- Offer lunch bunches for students that would like to eat lunch with the counselor
- Provide parent education workshops and conferences as needed