Council of State School Library Consultants
CoSSLC is a professional organization that is a national voice for effective school library programs and professionals. Our focus is to provide opportunities to network with, learn from, and support individuals in each state who work with school library professionals.
As a professional learning network of state-level school library consultants, we will:
- Network with job similar peers about best practices in other states
- Demonstrate exemplary practices for our constituents and most importantly, our students
- Advocate for equitable learning opportunities through strong school library programs on the national level and in our individual states
- Assist educational, state, and professional organizations with regard to promising practices for strong school library programs and support of student college and career readiness
- Advance the professional standards of school library personnel
- Improve the preservice and professional development of educators in exemplary teaching and future forward librarianship
- Encourage research and study to promote best teaching practice in school libraries, to advance student learning, and to implement more effective school library programs
The information above is from the CoSSLC constitution.
State-level school library professionals, current and recently retired, are encouraged to join. We are not charging dues at this time.
Please fill out this brief form if you are interested in becoming a member.
Contact Jen Maurer, CoSSLC Secretary.
Find CoSSLC on Facebook.