WE SEEK TALENTED PEOPLE
Software Developers & Scientific Computation Experts
Brain: the final frontier. Our mission: to answer the ultimate question "How does the mind arise from the network of neurons?" We are looking for software developers & scientific computation experts who will join the quest.
- Analyze electron and light microscopic brain images and experiment data to map the neurons and their circuits
- Develop an automated brain image analysis system using artificial intelligence and other computational techniques
- Build a computation platform for analyzing and sharing petabytes of brain data
- Study the brain map to mathematically and computationally understand neural circuits and their activity
- B.S. in computer, science, technology, engineering, math or a related field
- One or more native programming language with good knowledge of algorithms and data structures
More Experience, Extra Credits:
- Web/desktop application or service development, GUI programming, data visualization, 3D graphics
- Image processing, computer vision, artificial intelligence, deep learning
- Scientific computation, numerical analysis, biological data analysis, large data processing
- Parallel/distributed computing and storage, cloud computing, Linux system administration
Various types and tiers of positions are available depending on your expertise level and professional interest. Please inquire for the availability at the time of your application: junior or senior researcher, post-doc, post-master, graduate student through DGIST, alternative military service option, etc. We do NOT usually take undergraduate interns, but there can be exceptions for the talented.
If you are interested, email your CV and a code sample that can show your programming proficiency to Dr. Jinseop Kim via jinseop.s.kim at kbri.re.kr