Wonder - 2017 - Stephen Chbosky
1. One of Auggie's teacher’s challenges the kids: "When given the choice between being right, or being kind, choose kind." Choose kind becomes a central theme of the movie. What does that mean to you?
2. Throughout Wonder, Auggie describes the way that many people react to seeing his face for the first time: by covertly staring, or by immediately looking away. Have you ever been in a situation where you have responded like this to seeing someone who looks different? Having viewed Wonder, how do you feel about this now?
3. Star Wars is one of Auggie’s passions. Why do you think this is? Do you see any reasons for Auggie to identify with these characters, or to aspire to be like them?
4. Did you like the way the story is told from alternating viewpoints? Why or why not?
5. How does being bullied affect Auggie? How did you feel about Julian by the time the movie was over? What role does peer pressure play in some of the bullying? How would you handle the situation that Jack Will faces?