Singin’ in the Rain – Stanley Donen – 1952
1. What literary technique do we see used to tell Don’s life story?
2. How does Don get his start in the movies at Monumental Pictures?
3. What is the problem with Lina?
4. What technological marvel does R.F. Simpson show at his party?
5. What does R.F. want to do with Don and Lina’s new film?
6. What problem does Lina have during filming?
7. How does the audience respond to the film?
8. Describe what happens in the “new part” of the film that Don describes to R.F.
9. In your opinion, is Singin’ in the Rain a good representation of the transition from Silent to Sound in film? Explain in ESSAY – 1-2 paragraphs!!!!