Write the definition of each key term:
- Code of Ethics:
- Intellectual Property:
- Social Responsibility:
Use a key term bank above to complete the following sentences:
1. In some cultures ________________________ is expected, and failure to present them is considered an insults.
2. Corporations demonstrate their sense of _____________________________ by contributing time and money to charitable, culture, and civic organizations.
3. A ________________________________ is a document that outlines the principles of conduct to be used in making decisions within the organization.
4. The ownership of ideas is commonly referred to as __________________________________.
5. _______________________ are a set of moral principles or values that govern behavior.
6. Businesses have obligations to all of the people affected by their actions who are known as ______________________________.
7. Over the years, various _______________________ have been enacted that directly relate to the issue of ethics in business.
8. A corporate effort to improve human welfare is also known as ___________________________.
Circle the letter of the work or phrase that best completes each of the following sentences.
- The law that set standards on the type and quantity of pollutants that industries can put into bodies of water is the:
- National Environmental Policy Act
- Toxic Substances Control Act
- Clean Water Act
- Toxic Waste Treatment Act
2. One way businesses can solve ethical dilemmas is through
- Conduction conflict management seminars
- Enforcing a code of ethics
- Relying solely on management skills and abilities
- None of the above
3. Taking money from a cash register is an example of
- Ethical behavior
- Unethical behavior
- Employee salary problems
- Both A and C
4. If the ethical course of action is not clear, you have an ethical
- None of the above
5. Manufacturer can be forced to recall a defective product by the
- Consumer Product Safety Commission
- Environmental Protection Agency
- Food and Drug Administration
- Both A and B
6. A company can demonstrate its sense of social responsibility through
- Philanthropy and volunteerism
- Environmental awareness
- Maintaining ethnically diverse workforces
- All of the above
Circle T for true and F for false for each of the statements below
- Ethical employees sometimes steal from the company for good reasons T F
- By establishing a code of ethics, a corporation is doing all it can to prevent unethical behaviour T F
- It is important for businesses to be ethical when they perform services or produce products. T F
- Businesses all have the same code of ethics. T F